Concur with other reviewers that this hotel does offer nice views (if you book a room overlooking water) and location is pleasant. My stay was over Thanksgiving holiday, so it also was pleasant surprise to witness the bats flying out from their residence beneath Congress Ave bridge .... by this time of year, usually the bats have all migrated south to Mexico.
But the parking garage was a colossal pain-in-the-butt! Hopefully the problems will be rectified soon, however if you're booked to stay at Hyatt Regency within next few months I'd strongly suggest you re-think the plan. Again another reviewer has also discussed their displeasure around parking. For the entire duration of our stay (11/29/13 thru 12/2/13), there were problem with people being unable to either enter or exit the parking structure. It got to the point that a Hyatt employee needed to be stationed at the entrance/exit in order to swipe their card and allow patrons to get in or out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Texas