Two things were very concerning about my stay:
1) On the first of my five night stay I ordered room service. About 90 minutes later I was feeling very sick. Then, spent the entire night in the bathroom, horribly sick. I hadn't eaten anything since about 11:00 a.m. so it had to have been something from the room service. When I finally had a chance to complain, the front desk attendant removed the charge from my bill. That was good. But, I would have rather paid for food that didn't make me sick than get free food that made my sick. I was in town for a conference that I was sent to by my employer. I had a very packed schedule. To have spent an entire night without sleep because I was very sick added a ton of stress to my trip. Also, I filled out the comment card that was with my room service and set it on the tray so it could be collected, but when I came back it was taken off the tray and left on the desk. I left it out for the duration of my trip so that it would get picked-up, but it never did.
2) When I checked into the hotel, the front desk attendant told me that my room was pre-paid via the credit card on file. He asked me to provide a credit or debit card for incidentals. I gave him my debit card and asked how much he would be putting on the card. He said that since it was a debit card, and not a credit card, I would be charge $50 per night for a total of $250 for the stay. Instead, I was charged $1,000 immediately. I am still waiting for this charge to be removed from my account. When checking out, I was told that the attendant who checked me in incorrectly placed the deposit on my debit card because he failed to see the hotels.com deposit.
There was a lot of construction going on around the hotel. It was made it more difficult to walk to the convention center. But, whatever, I don't really hold that against them. I am mainly upset about getting sick and being charged four times what I was told I would be charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Texas