I celebrated my birthday by booking a room at the Hyatt Regency with a few of my girlfriends. The front desk service was nice and check-in was very quick. Our room was nice and the view was fantastic overlooking town lake. Really stellar view, but that ended up being the only good thing about our stay.
We decided to lay out by the pool for the afternoon before heading to dinner downtown. The servers at the pool were terrible. We had to chase them down several times and when they did come around to us they were abrupt, dismissive and rude. It was as if we were a burden to them. I understand and can appreciate that sometimes servers get busy and drinks can take a little time. But this was more than just being busy, this was poor attitude and poor service. Disappointing.
We didn't let it get us down though, and went out as planned and had a fantastic time. We had fun hanging out on the balcony when we got back to the hotel. Again, check-out was quick and efficient. The front desk was pleasant and the valet was great. However, when I got home I discovered that my boyfriend had ordered us champagne that was to be waiting in our room upon arrival. It was not! When he called the hotel he had to wait on hold for 15 minutes and then he was told that they would "look into it and call him back." I was appalled! When they did finally call him back he was told that there was no record of the order. We have not checked the credit card statement yet, but I sincerely hope that we won't find a charge for the champagne that we never received. Such a nice gesture from him for my birthday and the staff at the Hyatt totally dropped the ball.
Truthfully I was going to give them 2 stars after the night but I did just receive a phone call from the management and they are compensating us for the mistakes. For that reason I bumped it up to 3 stars. I appreciate the apology and will give them another chance... (but I probably won't be hanging out by the pool next time I stay.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and TravelUp so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Texas