“Good location”

Hyatt Regency Austin
Ranked #14 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Although there was construction, which made parking a pain, the location of the hotel made up for it. We were right on the lake, near the bat bridge, and close to the park. The hotel was clean and staff friendly. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Enjoyed my recent stay. Reserved an ADA accessible room, and had no trouble with the reservation. The staff was very accommodating. The bed was very comfortable. Some spaces in the room were a bit tight for turning a wheelchair, but the room was definitely workable. I did run into a couple issues-first their needs to be more A/C outlets in the room, and they need to be easier to reach. I not only have to worry about charging mobile devices, I have to charge my wheelchair at night too. My wife and I each have a cell phone and a tablet, so power outlets fill quickly. You can't ever have too many outlets. A second issue I ran into was that the grab bars in the bathroom seemed oddly placed. They were either too low, or too far behind me. The bathroom was definitely usable, but there were a few precarious moments getting out of the shower. There seemed to be a perfect spot where one more bar would've solved the problem, but it was blank.
Despite those two issues, the hotel was quite nice, and the room worked well for me over all. I would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam N
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I want to thank Reuben at the front desk. Not only was he wonderful on the phone when I called to ask some questions before we arrived, but he told me to ask for him when we checked in. I did and he was so pleasant and friendly, he went the extra mile to make my stay with my nieces very special. They are doing some work around the property but it did not bother us at all and everyone we encountered from the valet parking staff to the the hotel desk staff were wonderful. Thank you for the great stay!!

Room Tip: Great lake views! Easy to walk to downtown and South Congress.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen G
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Hyatt is a beautiful hotel super modern in a great location, however it's not very practical, the room didn't have a fridge or microwave which seems like a thing all hotels should have now adays, also we were pretty sure our AC didn't work, there were only 2 vents in a corner of a room and no matter what we did it seem like no actual air was coming out, we didn't get back till late so we didn't want to switch rooms and they were able to eventually bring a fan to the room. The fan made it bearable. Check in Staff were polite but didn't really seem personable more or less just like they were doing their job.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great location and if you get the right room (which we didn't) you can have an awesome view of the lake - you might make sure you request a full lake view. Check in was easy, parking easy too but there is a charge. At this time (July 2014) there is construction of a new convention center being added to the hotel (we think that's what it is) and a huge apartment block right across from the hotel too.

Easy walking distance to SoCo (South Congress) lots of lovely restaurants and eclectic shopping. Also easy access to downtown Austin. This hotel is right on the lake and there is a canoe and kayak rental right by the hotel - you can rent from there and have fun on the lake. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a full lake view (not just a partial lake view)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mo C
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of an overseas high school reunion. People came from multiple locations around the globe to attend.

Check in was easy -- it was computerized and quick. The bellhop was great. The room itself was very nice and clean. The view was OK but not perfect (we overlooked a parking lot.) Catching a ride to another location took almost 45minutes. The pre-party room was not kept up regularly. Between this and the time we waited for a ride is the reason that I ranked this a 4 rather than a 5. The beds were extremely comfortable. The curtains kept out the light.

The evening of the reunion was nice for the most part. There were not enough chairs for the guests but the food was Great. Another reason for the 4 rather than the 5. The overall location is great. It's downtown and the Bat Bridge is within waliking distance. (http://www.batcon.org/index.php/get-involved/visit-a-bat-location/congress-avenue-bridge/subcategory.html)

Overall this was a nice place and I would stay here again despite a few quirks!

The night of the party

Room Tip: Ask for the River View so that you can watch the bats as they leave the bridge at night!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FeedMe_2010
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was a great location aside from the construction going on. Check in was a breeze. When asked what brought us to Austin, I told the desk clerk we were there to celebrate our anniversary. The lobby and public rooms are very nice as was our room. When we returned from dinner we found a wonderful surprise waiting for us. We found a nice chilled bottle of wine and fruit, along with a very thoughtful handwritten card congratulating us on our anniversary. What a great touch. We decided to try the breakfast buffet the next morning and both of us were pleased. Overall, it was a great stay. I would definitely recommend a stay at the Austin Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattSupport, Manager at Hyatt Regency Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for writing such a kind review. We're thrilled you received your special anniversary treat and we hope you'll come see us again next year. Cheers to another year of love & happiness!