“La Quinta Austin, TX”

La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35
Ranked #162 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Good place for the money. Hotel a bit our of the way but easy to arrive. Dest staff very friendly and helpful. It is a trucker's stopover, if that doesn't appeal to you, there were other La Quinta's located in Austin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35

A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed two nights on business. Clean room with all the things you need. Located at the highway it was easy to get my big rig parked and back on the road. BJ at the front desk went over and above to accommodate me . Dave in maintenance is an animal lover and I like being around like-minded people. When in in Austin stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I look for 3 things in a hotel...cleanliness, bed comfort and hot water pressure. This hotel provided these basics. Overall appearance need updating, but it is in a great location. Breakfast was continental basics.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We found a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff. The hotel was somewhat worn but was more than adequate for our stay. Breakfast was continental-type and served in a small area, but was good. All told, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We decided to take a weekend trip with our pets. This hotel was great. It was our first trip with the pets and they made it easy. We were placed with other pet lovers so that we would not disturb the other guest and the fact La Quinta does not charge extra for pets was wonderful. Will use them again if we travel with our pets.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

terrible experience, old mattress directly outside my room with at least 6 cats on the mattress, obvious home to the cats, took pictures of this ugly scene and sent it back to our entire office who felt real sorry for the owner of our company and myself, The breakfast was one of the worst I've ever experienced even for a continental breakfast. We were actually scared that our car might be broken into and joked that we should take turns sleeping while one kept an eye out for the car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotel façade needs some updating. There was long black hair in bathtub that was not mine. Room service was good. I did not eat breakfast there so I cannot comment. The rooms were noisy from the traffic, located near I35. Does not have an elevator so I had to carry my luggage up and down stairs. Only smoking rooms were on the 1st level. Smoke did NOT circulate into my upstairs room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo