“Excellent Service”

La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35
Ranked #163 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stay here frequently as we live in Joplin MO and it's only an hour away. We take our little weekend getaway's here. The staff is always friendly and willing to go above and beyond to help with whatever we need. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Not a bad stay but can use some attention to renovating the rooms and overall attractiveness to hotel... However, for the price that I received I can not really complain... I would stay here again if I needed to but I would hesitate to recommend this place to my close friends or relatives....

Reviewed 23 June 2014

It would be ridiculous to give La Quinta a 5 star rating...but to me it is the 5 star pet friendly location! My husband, poodle, kitty and I traveled from NC to Austin for my granddaughter's HS graduation, spending several nights in La Quinta's along the way. For our extended stay we chose this one, as we did last year, because it is convenient to my daughter's home. We were happy with our stay last year, but this year was even better. The staff was responsive to our every need, including an adjustment to our bill with little questioning, as our final total was a bit more than we were quoted. We found our room, equipped with fridge/microwave, clean, roomy and comfortable. If we asked for something, we got it! Tucked underneath I35 overpasses at Ben White, it was quite, private and a bit remote, giving a feeling of being home. Everything worked beautifully; we had no problems except I deactivated my key card by tucking it in my pocket with my cell phone! Maintenance was sent right away to "repair the door lock", but soon discovered the problem... I was given a new card with a smile and great attitude after causing all the inconvenience. Housekeeping cleaned at our convenience and request. Breakfast each morning was enjoyed and sufficient, and of course, free. We will definitely be staying right there anytime we visit our girls in Austin. Our thanks to the wonderful staff there!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

3  Thank Geronimo501
Reviewed 14 June 2014

In a very convenient area, close to restaurants and <10 min away from mall. Very quiet, clean hotel. Must say I was impressed and will be staying here during my multiple visits to Austin I have to make yearly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I didn't want to take a chance booking a hotel through Priceline or similar sites so I went with what I thought was a safe bet in value for a hotel...La Quinta that is. I was very much disappointed to find that not only the area, but the overall look and feel (and guests) were in par with that of a Motel 6 or Super 8. I questioned how safe the area was and didn't enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed one night for the NCAA baseball super regional. The desk clerk was very friendly and made us feel welcome after a long day. The room was inexpensive and while bare-boned in amenities, everything in the room was in working order. The room was clean, except for a pair of underwear in a chair. The King room we had has a hair dryer, iron, and coffee maker. No fridge or microwave. The TV is a flat screen with good picture. There is free wifi with a good signal. The inn is on the service road of I-35. If you need a hotel in Austin for a fairly low price this is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple