“great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #148 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Brookshire
“great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

nice place, friendly staff. we enjoyed our stay. con: it was a bit hard to get to hotel. the wi-fi was working when we arrived but not working in morning. the smoke detector was hanging from the wall but was working. pro: clean room. quiet night. comfortable bed. all the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is older & right off I-35. Lots of traffic nearby but the rooms were well insulated. Rooms could use a bit of a "refresh" but it was fine for the rate. The beds were "okay" in comfort & the pillows seemed to need to be replaced. One was flat, one or two okay. The rooms are to be Non-Smoking, but you could smell the smoke from previous guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

At first I thought ewwww but it was clean staff were very nice and the room was nice. I got there, took a power nap and changed my clothes. Realized something was biting me but not sure thought it was my imagination. Went to the activity scheduled for that day and came back went to sleep. Got up that next morning went to the bathroom and noticed these black specks on my legs - FLEAS, I was like what. I was going to stay a little at least till check out but it was not bearable. So I packed up and just left. Unfortunately when I checked out I was trying to be discreet in telling hime the room had fleas but he seemed amazed at such. Uhm if you allow dogs in might want to use flea powder after they leave as a precaution.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very small room and very little value for the price of the accommodation. Breakfast was extremely La Quinta hotels do provide. Overall very little bank for the buck. Redeeming the reception gentleman was terrific and very pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I renewed some of my LQ rewards points & wanted to stay not to far from downtown. I was disappointed with the 1st room's cleanliness (stained bedspreads), slight moldy odor & gnats so I requested another room. 2nd room wasn't much better but figured not going to improve by much with another request to move so just stayed in that room. Gnats appeared there too but at least no mold smell. Breakfast selection was not up to quality with other LQ locations I've stayed. Bagels, yogurt & pre-packaged waffle bits did the trick to fill our stomach but it definitely wasn't anywhere near the quality of LQ locations that offer hot, fresh waffles you make yourself. If we didn't have a late start our 2nd day I've have checked out & transferred my rewards point to another LQ in the city. If you just need some place to lay your head then this is your location. Other than that I highly suggest another LQ. Honestly, a lot of LQ Inns quality of accommodations is in need of updates. Only most of the LQ Inns & Suites seem to be keeping up but that is hit or miss depending on the city/state too. Main reason I stick with LQ is their pet friendly policy but I didn't even bring my dog this time. When he isn't with us I think we will be switching to another tried & try (Holiday Inn Express).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sonja F
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. however, there was no waffle machine for fresh waffles. The surrounding area is unkempt, but that's not the hotel's fault. The hotel grounds were well taken care of.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am a corporate travel agent who books many, many rooms daily for many large corporations. One of my clients booked a room at this hotel and upon arrival he was told by the front desk (Jamie) that his confirmation number was invalid. My client called me very upset. I put him on hold and called the hotel myself, I asked Jamie to access his reservation by his last name; it was found!!! I was then advised that a big group was checking in and they did not have a room for him because they pre-authorized his card upon arrival and it declined (Not true, his credit card was fine because I purchased airfare for him after we booked him at the Hampton Inn right down the street). I advised that when a hotel sells out, they walk the people that are last to check in are the ones that get turned away-not the one checking in at 6PM. Jamie stated that she called ALL of the people that were scheduled to come in and they all confirmed their reservation. COME ON..., really? She gave me a phone number to Raj Patel that went straight to a voicemail that had not been set up so I couldn't even leave a message. Long story short, I do not trust sending anymore of my clients to this hotel. I was given the run around without any resolve. My client was happy to book at the nicer hotel down the street and they did not have one single issue with his credit card. BEWARE, You may be stranded.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business