“Poor Room Condition”

Ranked #166 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Altus, United States
“Poor Room Condition”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When I arrived the first room I was assigned was dirty. Linen used by the previous occupant was still on the beds. Left over food was in the chest of draws. The bathroom looked as if it had not been cleaned in awhile. The toilet bowl needed a bad scrubbing. I was given a second room that was cleaned and assigned to us but the desk clerk forgot change it in the computer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I spend a lot of time in LaQuinta Inns. Recommend use select another one if you are in Austin.

It is old and tired.
Amenities are one small shampoo bottle and two bars of soap. No conditioner, no lotion, no writing pad, no pen, no nothing.
Only half the channels on the TV work.
Breakfast was minimal. One waffle machine and selection was smallest I have ever seen at a LaQuinta. Counting 2 small tables in the adjacent lobby, total of 6 tables in the breakfast room for 133 rooms! We paid for breakfast elsewhere rather than eat here.
Shower stopper doesn't work and ceiling above shower starting to collapse.
There are major opportunities for renovation throughout the property

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had booked this hotel due to interior rooms were described but when I checked in; the doors all opened to the outside. This hotel is in a less than desirable location in Austin but 8 miles from my office. When I said that I wouldn't be staying because I chose interior rooms the desk clerk offered me the executive interior rooms in an adjacent building instead of my canceling my room. This was very nice of her but then the keys didn't work so had to make a trip to rekey 4 different times during my 2 day stay. The hotel is old, fridge in room didn't even get cold on the coldest setting, the hallway in the building was stifling, found bugs on the pillow, hair on the counter, the shelving that held the MW and fridge were dirty. Breakfast on the third morning was out by 715 a.m. and no restock. I love LaQuinta the brand I have always had a good experience but this was not the case this time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Security door did not lock. Hallways and elevator were nasty. Room was dirty. Towels and sheets filthy. Avoid this hotel. I didn't even want to check the breakfast. Lucky it was a short stay. Shower Curtain had grime all over it. Did I say this place was dirty? yuuuuck

QUINTANA
Reviewed 11 May 2014

older unit needs new paint all plumbing fixtures,new carpet and wall plugs average stay but close to down so it was good for a business,staff was average no stand outs as for personal goes traffic sucked on hi-way 35

Bossier City, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My room was filthy. Floor had debris, trash, stains. I was afraid to walk barefoot on the floor. Bathroom, filthy. Sheets--had some kind of goop on them, not to mention the stains all over them. I didn't have a bar of soap in the room, so I went to get supplies, while waiting for my turn at the overwhelmed desk, I checked out the breakfast area--still food leftover in the wafflemaker, on the counters, etc--Not clean at all and this was 11pm at night!! The panhandlers coming onto the property and begging for money while I was loading my car in the morning were a real bonus for an already crappy night. Never stay here!!

harlingen, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

room was dingy, but bearable tv reception was horrible; I asked management to fix, by time I returned to room in the evening, same reception. when I called to complain about it again, they offered to move me to a smaller room---why inconvenience me instead of fix the problem?!?!?!?!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business