“Nice hotel, location is”

Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
Ranked #102 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Please know that the hotel room was lovely, the shower nice, the TV great, etc.. I was in town for the Texas Book Festival - this hotel was about 5 blocks from the main section of the festival, and quite honestly the only room left by the time I remembered to book a room - which meant I paid rack rate. I was "within" walking distance of the festival, and most of the dining options in downtown Austin- just be sure to bring comfortable shoes as the main entertainment district is about 1/2 mile or more.

Customer service was spot on - as a way of making up for a very loud, very rude wedding party which kept myself and the rest of the non-wedding guests up until 4am, my parking was comp'd and extra points were added to my Starwoods account.

The room price was a bit much for my personal use, and the standard amenities the room offered. Bathroom looked "tired."

Room Tip: I was in the room right off the elevator - turned out to be a congregation point and very loud.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I would like to express our thanks and gratitude to the employees of the Sheraton Austin. Each day of our stay we visited the Hotel restaurant and were taken care of by Tiffany Strawn. This young lady was more than helpful not only with us personally but watching how she handled other customers. This young lady, Tiffany, is an asset to the Sheraton Austin. She was very pleasant, understanding and efficient in her duties.
The ladies and the gentleman at the lobby bar were very helpful as well.
Thank you to all your employees that made our visit so pleasant
Frank & Rhenee Kapr

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Dave B, General Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are glad to hear that Tiffany made your stay more pleasant, she truly is a great asset to our team. We would love the opportunity to have you back at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have been staying at the Sheraton 2-3 nights per week for several months on a consulting job. I wanted to write this review to say thank you to the staff who always welcome me like a family member. Maria at the coffee bar in the a.m. is a treasure - kind, pleasant and remembers that I use 1 1/3 Splendas in my coffee. The food is overall good, some items better than others. The beds are outrageously comfortable. I appreciated that when I told staff that the TV monitors on the exercise machines weren't working, a maintenance person was quickly dispatched. Gorgeous pool (I haven't used it though). Overall, really nice place hat has begun to feel like a home away......

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Schlintz
Reviewed 24 October 2013

For the money invested in a night's stay, we could not get over the challenges with our room. To our surprise, there was no refrigerator or safe. The hot water had great pressure from the faucet and the cold water was almost non-existant, there was difficulty in operating the shower and the phone wouldn't work properly, to allow retrieval of voice messages. The cleaning staff never vacuumed the room for our 6 day stay, there as a film of dust on the nightstand and they did not change linens, even when a tip and note requesting clean sheets was left for them. Room service had no place to leave our tray for us to eat without sitting on the bed. It just felt like the room was not worthy of the reputation of Sheraton or the daily rate we were charged.
The staff, however, was friendly and attempted to make up for our disappointment in shortcomings of the facility. We appreciated Danielle, Bri, Phillip, Frances, Anthony and Ken, but will try another place next time in Austin.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced so many issues during your stay at our hotel. I can assure you that your experience is not what we expect or anticipate for our guests. We appreciate you letting us know your specific concerns so that these issues can be addressed to ensure future guests’ satisfaction. Our goal is that every guest leaves 100% satisfied with their stay and we work extremely hard to please everyone. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to provide the warm and welcoming experience I know so many of our repeat customers have.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Checked in yesterday. Thank god it's only 2 nights. If you usually stay at a backpackers or Motel 6, you'll think its a palace. If you travel regularly and stay at decent hotels, you'll realize just how sad this place is. I've stayed at nicer Best Westerns! It just feels tired (despite the fact I think it's been recently refuburished?)
We departed our room at 7:30am, returned at 3:30 and our room hadn't been touched. Really??

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us. We apologize that you did not feel that the quality of our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our staff tries to ensure that every guest leaves the property 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope that we have the opportunity to host you again and improve your impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel was great for a group of 4 friends traveling to see the city for the first time. It's a few walkable blocks from all the action on 6th street as well as the capitol. For the price, this was the most ideal hotel available to us so no regrets at all. The only odd thing was that they had a security guard checking IDs at that elevators in the evening hours, but never seemed to be an issue to bring our friends up to the room despite not having keys for all of them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel has a nice feel, with large windows throughout the lobby floors and easy walk to the capital. I have stayed here many times for conferences. Food was good, rooms clean, service excellent. I love the sheraton beds.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business