“The Lounge with Kaleo, he does an excellent job”

Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
Ranked #95 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“The Lounge with Kaleo, he does an excellent job”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Kaleo the guy at the Club Lounge is a great host, he keep a very nice environement. he does a great service to make you feel at home.I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. First is nice, rooms are simple and we had a good view of austin. The service was very good and the staff was nice

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

got this hotel through hotwire.
Pros: nice lobby, workout area and pool. Close enough to walk to capitol, stadium, and 6th street.
Cons: windows that don't open, loud air conditioners, basic room amenities and not deep cleaned (read lots of hair/crud in the corners of the bathroom)
It wouldn't be our first choice on return to Austin but if you get a great deal on it don't worry be happy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed for 7 nights without any complaints. We have an 11 month old and besides for our extra baby needs, staff was very accommodating in every way. The breakfast was just right and the servicing people very pleasant, especially ms.Tiffany Strawn who went out of our way to make us feel welcome. Good hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. First is nice, rooms are simple and we had a good view of austin. The service was very good and the staff was nice. We tried the room service for breakfast because the kids were sleep but you know, we were prepared for, well room service. Which usually means ok food, but I tried the beef brisket omelette ( I think that was it) and that was the best breakfast food from room service I have EVER had! I almost ordered another one because the kids and wife couldn't keep their paws off. When the kids eat, you know its good…trust me they have been to breakfast and not touched the food at some places……is everyone in austin this nice?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stay in Austin frequently, but this was my first time at the Sheraton.

The service at this hotel was exceptional. Everyone was very friendly and I loved getting a fun fortune cooking upon check in. (The fortune read "We're so lucky to have you as a guest. $8.00 discount off your folio.)

Room service meals are usually a let down, but the meal (shrimp tacos) arrived quickly and were delicious. Even the man who brought them to the room said, "you're going to love these, they're great."

Even the internet was speedy.

Great location. Tasty food. Fast internet. A+ service. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we went up to our room Sunday evening completely exhausted from an almost 16 hour drive only to find the most awful sound ever and shaking windows. At first we thought it was a vacuum above but soon realized it was actually a bar across the street. We also had an adjoining door and could hear every word the stranger next to us was saying...and he wasn't yelling. We asked to be moved and were assured that our new room would be quiter. It was not. Thankfully though, this room did not have an adjoining door. The manager on duty, who unfortunately seems to be responsible for everything from checking in to room service, put our room service charge "on the house" which we really appreciated. I had chosen this hotel based upon the indoor pool and we were supposed to stay for an entire week. I got yet another surprise when I checked out the pool area. It was dark with muddy floors and leaves everywhere in the pool. I called the front desk and was told they would have it cleaned and due to high winds and the pool being attached to the outdoor area the leaves kept coming in. Regardless, I was not getting in with our one year old. The following night we asked for the room to be cleaned while out to dinner and upon our arrival, we were given one towel. Obviously there was some sort of laundry issue but this was nothing in comparison to what I found next. We had asked that our bedding be changed after our first night bc our son is quite messy and got some food on the comforter. I discovered that the comforter was never actually changed. It was flipped over and around. That was the final straw. We had to pack up and switch hotels. Upon check out, I noticed we were charged $30/day for parking. The very nice girl at the front desk reversed those charges along with an internet charge bc they don't offer free wifi either apparently. I'm not sure why we had so many issues but I think it's safe to say the hotel might be understaffed and I really didn't even touch on the wall paper coming off the walls or random decor or lack thereof in the rooms bc that's so trivial in comparison to the real issues we had. Sadly we won't be back and it's definitely not worth the cost. The staff are as accommodating as can be but the hotel itself is lacking on so many levels. :(

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dave B, General Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent hotel stay. We apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations and that you felt we were not hospitable. At the Sheraton Austin we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service to all our guests, and we again apologize that you did not experience this while you were with us. We hope that you will return to our property soon to enjoy a relaxing time at our hotel and allow us a second chance to improve your impression. Thank you again for communicating your concerns with us.

Your Sheraton Austin Team
Reviewed 8 January 2014

During my many business stays I experience the same great service from the front desk staff (Trae, Sarah) to the club lounge (Kaleo "Alan"). I will definitely continue reserving rooms at the Sheraton Austin.

• Stayed January 2014