“One of the better Sheratons I've stated at ”

Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
Ranked #105 of 205 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for business and I've decided as a brand Sheratons in general feel like they're 10 years overdue for remodeling. But that's not the case at this Sheraton.

From the lobby, to lobby bar, to the hallways and rooms - you get the sense that this is clean and newly refurbished. I had a king room with a comfortable bed, new carpets and modern furnishings. Bathroom was clean and sufficient.

I would stay here again if I'm in the area. Some other reviewers must have been in the older rooms that may not have received the updates yet - but the updates are well worth it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Austin weird for sure! The bed was very comfortable. The walls had little to no sound reduction. For the price & the Sheraton name, the bathrooms were of low quality. The room furniture was just ugly!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located above the outdoor pool area! TOO NOISY.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dave B, General Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry that the guest rooms did not meet your expectations and we are constantly working to update the guest rooms. However, I am glad that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper which is available for purchase online at www.sheraton-hotelsathome.com. We hope our service levels will keep your coming back!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton for a business trip for 2 nights in a club floor room. Check-in was really fast and my room was spacious with a nice view of the Capitol. Even though I had booked a room with a king bed, I was given one with two beds. It was late though so I didn't bother asking for a room change. I also noticed that only cold water came out of the bathroom sink. This wasn't a huge deal to me so I didn't report the issue.

I went to the club lounge for both happy hour and breakfast. The food was standard and there were at least a couple hot items for happy hour and breakfast. For happy hour, I was surprised that alcohol cost extra since it's usually complimentary. My only complaint with the club lounge was that it was really crowded during breakfast. There were also a lot of families with young kids, which was also surprising since most club lounges don't allow children. I decided to order room service for breakfast the next morning since I didn't want to deal with the crowd.

While there is nothing very exceptional about the hotel, I enjoyed my stay because of the small touches. I forgot my phone charger and the front desk had a huge box of spares. The hotel offered free points if guests checked out by a certain hour. Room service also came within 15 minutes. The staff was super friendly and seemed to enjoy working at the property. Overall, I would stay at the hotel again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Front Desk Manager, Landon Turner, and the rest of the staff were wonderful during our stay in December. They were on top of our amenity requests and everyone was very friendly. The room was great and our friends were able to enjoy the suite.

We've had our company events there many times and the entire banquet staff, David Jones, Benasser, and the rest of the banquet team were always warm and they go above and beyond.

The location is walking distance from downtown, rooms were great and upgraded, indoor/outdoor pool, great food!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here over the SuperBowl weekend on business! Wonderful staff, beautiful rooms and great food. The bar area and lobby is hip and the food is fabulous! Desk staff is superb--my every need was met. I will be returning for a conference in June and as the planner, I cannot wait to have our attendees enjoy this great hotel in Austin! 5 stars!!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Hotel was very clean and staff very friendly and professional. I was there for a conference and they make it very easy and convenient. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 16th floor...great view.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed in the Sheraton for business last week. Use to be a Marriott when I was in college. Nice place! Great open lobby area with a bar and good views. Lots of open spaces and a restaurant downstairs. Pool was nice but still too cold but outdoor seating was great. You're in he middle of downtown but the hotel has a green belt behind it. Room was nice but small. Good desk area and extra chair. Mattresses were comfy and heat worked fine. It's all about location here. Also had self parking at a reduced rate which was nice. We enjoyed the stay.