Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
US$259
US$229
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$230
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$204
US$182
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$136
1,035 results
All reviewsthe club loungeweight roomred riverwalking distanceself parkingsixth streetfront desk staffhotel restaurantcapitol buildinglive musicconvention centerdowntownvaletbellmanutproximitynightlife
Reviewed 10 June 2014

From the gift shop owner who said "It's nice to have you hear," to the wait staff and servers at the happy hour area, fantastic customer service! Everyone was nice professional, January served me and helped me find a plug for my computer. The manager came over to introduce herself, Emily, and Gretchen and Jason who were the the bar area, though not my server introduced themselves and let me know if there was "Anything I can do for you, just let us know!" Great team! and my room was very clean as well.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are not quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!
I am pleased to note that you had a pleasant encounter with our staff as we pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service for our guests.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Emma S

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place was awesome. If you needed anything they either had it or had it at the gift shop. They have an indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. They have a list of things that were also available like child care but we didn't take part. The food at the Landmark restaurant was really good and the bartender was amazing. Everyone was really friendly and accommodating.
A big downside is that you have to pay $10 a night for wi-fi but I asked about it and they gave it to me free.
Easy walk to the convention center and basically everywhere you want to go downtown. It's a bit far away from Zilker Park and Barton Springs though.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is my first time in Austin, TX. From what I saw, the Sheraton seemed nice. However, it left a lot to be desired. First thing I noticed was the reception desk was not the first thing you saw when you walked in. In fact, I had to ask someone where it was, which is off to the side behind the bar. So, off to my room. The room itself was good. King size bed, desk, sink, shower, yadda yadda. However, there was no refrigerator! Maybe I've been spoiled, but for the past several years I've stayed in a hotel, they've all had refrigerators. The next thing I noticed was the lack of outlets. Or maybe, free outlets. They all seemed to be taken up by lamps. Fortunately, maintenance brought up an adapter, so I was good after that. After flying for several hours, I was pretty thirsty, so I went downstairs to see if they had a snack shop. They did but I had no idea what the hours were, other than the sign that says "will return at 7pm". This was at 11 am, and from 7pm until when? Regardless, I can see why it isn't opened much. Their prices are crazy! The final gripe is on the bar. I was tired and didn't feel like finding a restaurant, so I grabbed an over-priced Cuban and salad from there. Bad idea if you're hungry and it's 6pm. There was only the bartender and a waiter working there. After taking orders from a couple tables that arrived after me, they finally took my order. I paid, went upstairs, and ate.
It wasn't all bad though. The bed was comfortable, the a/c worked like a champ, and it was in a good location to get to and from the ATT Conference Center, and get on I35 back to the airport. But seriously, for the price, I've seen and experienced better. Much better.

Room Tip: I was on the 12th floor and it was quiet and the elevators were fast. If you decide to stay here, don't be afraid of the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dave B, General Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Thralkhan

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay at our property. I am glad that you found our property to be quiet and convenient to your business dealings in Austin as well as to the Airport. I apologize that you did not have a refrigerator in your guest room, we do offer refrigerators, deliverable upon request to any guests needing one. By simply dialing zero our guests can have one sent to their room any time of the day. I will make sure to share your feedback with our management team regarding the bar service and the gift shop hours of operation to see if any modifications can be made. I appreciate the comments that you have shared as a business traveler and I hope you have another chance to visit our hotel and enjoy the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed which you found to be so comfortable!

Best Regards,

SheratonGM

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I hosted an event for my company at the Sheraton this past weekend and could not have been more pleased with the layout and service I received. Our group was contained in the space just beyond the lobby, making it a really cohesive event with great exposure for vendors and convenient for guests to access. Love the downtown and Capitol views from the meeting rooms, unlike most stuffy conference rooms I've been in. Guests also really enjoyed the cocktail hour on the landmark terrace. The banquet and AV staff went above and beyond making sure we had everything we could possibly need. Though I did not personally stay overnight at the hotel, many of my attendees remarked at how pleased they were with the accommodations. I would definitely recommend the Sheraton to anyone looking for event space in Austin. Big thanks to Claire Tucker, Sabrina Phelps, and Ron Jones for all their help!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear leahnm,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are really happy to hear that you were pleased with the conference service
we provided for your company event and your guests enjoyed
cocktail hour whilst looking over the great views of Austin!

I will certainly pass on your kind words to Claire, Sabrina and Ron

We hope you will stay over next time you are in Austin!

Emma S
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've read some awful reviews about this hotel but it really wasn't as bad as I expected. It wasn't great, by any means, but it served its purpose. I basically just needed a place to lay my head at night. The view from my room wasn't very pretty but, apparently, you can see the Capitol from some rooms. It's within walking distance of the Capitol and 6th Street, which is awesome. I guess I thought that the Sheraton was a swanky hotel but this is pretty much like any standard hotel I have been to. Some of their front desk associates aren't very pleasant or efficient at checking guests in. This was my first time visiting Texas so I was really surprised that I was not greeted with warm, Southern Hospitality. It was also a maze getting to my room. A big negative for me was coming back to the room at around 3pm after my conference had ended and wanting to unwind but finding that my room was JUST getting cleaned. When I came back in the room, my bed was sloppily made and I had some towels with stains on them (there was also a weird stain in the bathroom but that was already there). I wouldn't rule out staying here again if I had to...but it's definitely not my first choice.

Room Tip: Your best bet is probably to ask if you want a room with a view or if you don't want to be by the elevator or ice/vending machines.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dave B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Tonya,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We deeply apologize that you did find our property to be up to par and receive the service that met your expectations. We are sorry that your room was serviced at a later time than normal; due to the size of our hotel, our housekeepers work well into the evening to do their best to clean the rooms in a timely manner. On your next visit, please let us know that time you would like your room to be serviced and we will happily honor your request. I will follow up with Housekeeping as well as the Front Desk to make sure that these issues will not happen again. We value every guest that shares their experience with us in Austin and we want every guest to leave satisfied. We are very happy that you found our property to be placed in a convenient location for you and we would love to have you as our guest again.

Warm Regards,