Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$261
  • Breakfast included
US$224
InterContinental
US$307
US$275
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
US$289
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
W Austin(Austin)
US$379
US$344
1,029 results
All reviewsthe club loungeweight roomred riverwalking distanceself parkingsixth streetfront desk staffhotel restaurantcapitol buildinglive musicconvention centerdowntownvaletbellmanutproximitynightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

For the price I'd preferred to have stayed at the Intercontinental, their neighborhood location is better, but they were booked. The staff here is very friendly though and the lobby restaurant/bar are quite good. Rooms are spacious enough and updated nicely. I was in town for work so it was suitable to my needs. One big con - this Sheraton still charges for WiFi which half the time did not work! Note to management - I wish you would not charge for WiFi - I think in this day and age charging for WiFi is tacky.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the property for a wedding during the X Games. The location is convenient and fortunately located next to the best BBQ I have ever had; Franklins! The front desk agent who assisted us, tall and brunette was not very helpful and a little rude. We had checked in at about 10pm and she was in such a hurry to check us in and answer our questions, we were a bit insulted. The room itself was very small, with terrible view and a very outdated bathroom. The two fitness centers also in need of new equipment as everything was very old and the room was poorly lit. The bar staff were all lovely, especially a short latin woman who ALWAYS had a smile on her face and was eager to help. We were quite embarrassed to bring in outside food, but she generously offered the hotel's napkins, flatware and plates. The outdoor pool was also very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Bella160,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location, the world famous Franklin BBQ, our great pool and our bar staff. We apologize that the room itself was not to your liking and that the check in felt rushed. We have recently repaired the fitness equipment to bring it all up to standard. I appreciate the comments that you have shared with us and will make sure to share the highlights and opportunities from your experience with our staff and management team. We hope to see you next year for X-Games Austin!

SheratonDR

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Spent fathers day weekend here and was very sad about the room. The room was so small I couldn't use the luggage rack for the suitcase. The bathroom was fine, but the sink outside had no storage space for much. The maid service came at 6PM to service the room. The swimming pool was just plain sad and dirty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

June 17, 2014
Dear xpatsrus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your stay. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can only apologize that your room did not meet your size expectations and therefore did not have enough space for your items. It is not a normal occurrence to have a room cleaned at 6pm and we will make sure to share your feedback with our Housekeeping team to ensure they are servicing the rooms at an appropriate and convenient time for our guests. I appreciate the comments that you have shared with us as a leisure traveler and I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

SheratonSA

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for one night and I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and management. The hotel is only blocks away from the Capitol, which is absolutely beautiful, and very conviienent to downtown and UT. I was greeted with a smile by everyone here, including the very busy bar staff that graciously put the Stanley cup finals game on for me. I had dinner right at the bar, food was good but a bit pricey. I spent a good deal of time chatting with a gentleman I assumed was here for the ROT bike rally over dinner only to find out the next day that he was the hotel's GM. The staff and management really take an interest in their guests which is very refreshing. Emily, another manger addressed a noise issue I had herself and found time to speak with me while eating breakfast the next day. The rooms are nice, the bed is the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on, and the showers had amazing water pressure (which after you've been walking around all afternoon in 90 degree heat is a big plus). I was surprised that there wasn't a place on the night stand to plug in your phone and iPad chargers. Most hotels have at least one outlet built into a lamp or the table itself. The pool and grounds are beautiful as well, but would suggest that you request a room that does not overlook the highway as mine did. I would absolutely recommend this hotel since the staff and management truly care about you as a guest which is hard to find in most cities today. I will also be choosing Sheraton hotels in other cities after this stay.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't overlook the highway, and if you need a fridge you can request one at check in since they are not in the rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was not up to the standard one would associate with the Sheraton brand. The front desk staff was very indifferent. The valet guys on the other hand were really nice. Perhaps the front desk staff could shadow the valet guys and learn a thing or two from them. The room custodial staff were also not that great. They forgot to replenish the coffee and tea bags in the room, same with some of the toiletries. I was surprised that there was no refrigerator in the room. Most hotels in this price range (and even lower) have small refrigerators in the room. The lobby was very uninviting. The first thing you see upon entering the hotel is the bar and not the front desk. There is really no place to sit in the lobby. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the location...walking distance to the Capitol and great views of the Capitol building from the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Capitol. Avoid rooms facing I-35.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dave B, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear OklahomaProfessor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. The inhospitable staff you encountered during your stay are not typical of the service we offer, and I regret that you were unable to address these concerns prior to your departure. Rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the Hotel Management Staff to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future. In regards to the refrigerator, we do provide refrigerators upon request and we apologize that you found this to be of inconvenience.
We are very happy to hear that you did find our hotel to be in an ideal location. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to improve your view of the Sheraton Austin.

SheratonSA