“A most pleasurable enjoyable & a repeatable stay:)”

Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
Ranked #92 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A most pleasurable enjoyable & a repeatable stay:)”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I live in SC & my daughter lives in Beaumont Tx and we planned her wedding in Austin including a breakfast bridal shower at the Landmark.
From the sales mgr. to the events/caterer planner and staff.
They gave us the most professional warm and accomodating experience. They were there to help in anyway and made our event a huge success. I cannot express enough our gratitude in making sure of every detail that made our experience and event a huge success.
On returning to Austin, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else, it was like family with the attentive care given in excellence to assure us we mattered.
My express gratitude for the patience, support, guidance and caring professionalism exhibited to me trying to plan & coordinate from long distance
my daughters wedding.
I was made to feel valued and reassured that I was indeed in good hands and all details would be met and if I needed anything to not hesitate to call.
Thank you for making our stay and event a memorable one.
I especially want to thank
Ms. Heather Miley
Emily and Frances for the outstanding job they did and for being genuinely fine caliber people who are a great asset to The Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol. Sincerely, Mary Pennington

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Sheration Austin hotel was clean and comfortable to sleep in. However, the age of the hotel was noticeable and there were a few amenities that I would expect a hotel of this price to have in each room. I will list them below. But first let me list the positive things about the hotel.

Pros:
-Location - some rooms have a nice view of the capital and it is within walking distance of 6th street.
-We arrive 1 hour before check-in and our room was available and ready.
-Comfortable beds
-Good water pressure and temp in the shower

Cons:
-There is no vent fan in the bathroom / shower area. This is a standard feature in most hotels and it is strange that this hotel did not have it. What ends up happening after you take a shower all the humidity is trapped in the bathroom and we noticed a damp musky smell the moment we walked in. And the hinges in the bathroom door had a good amount of rust on them I assume from the trapped humidity.
-No safe in the room
-No mini fridge
-Shower head does not move. The shower is aimed straight at you and you can't redirect it. I had to turn the shower head off just to be able to soap up.
-We had two extra doors on the left and right of our room that connected rooms next to ours. I found myself double checking the locks just to be sure the people next to us could open the door and walk into our room.
-Although the rooms were clean it had a dated feel to it.

Overall, if I were to return to Austin I would pick a different hotel based on the cons I listed above.

Room Tip: Book on the hotels website and claim the best price guarantee to get an extra 10% off your room. Yo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Scott L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear VinceDigital,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location near 6th street, were able to check-in early, found our Sheraton Sweep Sleeper to exceed your expectations, and had fantastic water pressure and temperature in the shower. We do apologize that you found us to be missing certain amenities in the room. We do provide a refrigerator on request when needed and we do provide in room safes in certain rooms. We will follow up with engineering and management about the other issues regarding the bathroom so that other guest will not experience this same experience. I can assure you we check all the locks in between the guest rooms for our guests security and privacy. We really appreciate you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

For the price I'd preferred to have stayed at the Intercontinental, their neighborhood location is better, but they were booked. The staff here is very friendly though and the lobby restaurant/bar are quite good. Rooms are spacious enough and updated nicely. I was in town for work so it was suitable to my needs. One big con - this Sheraton still charges for WiFi which half the time did not work! Note to management - I wish you would not charge for WiFi - I think in this day and age charging for WiFi is tacky.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
new york city
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the property for a wedding during the X Games. The location is convenient and fortunately located next to the best BBQ I have ever had; Franklins! The front desk agent who assisted us, tall and brunette was not very helpful and a little rude. We had checked in at about 10pm and she was in such a hurry to check us in and answer our questions, we were a bit insulted. The room itself was very small, with terrible view and a very outdated bathroom. The two fitness centers also in need of new equipment as everything was very old and the room was poorly lit. The bar staff were all lovely, especially a short latin woman who ALWAYS had a smile on her face and was eager to help. We were quite embarrassed to bring in outside food, but she generously offered the hotel's napkins, flatware and plates. The outdoor pool was also very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Bella160,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location, the world famous Franklin BBQ, our great pool and our bar staff. We apologize that the room itself was not to your liking and that the check in felt rushed. We have recently repaired the fitness equipment to bring it all up to standard. I appreciate the comments that you have shared with us and will make sure to share the highlights and opportunities from your experience with our staff and management team. We hope to see you next year for X-Games Austin!

SheratonDR
Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Spent fathers day weekend here and was very sad about the room. The room was so small I couldn't use the luggage rack for the suitcase. The bathroom was fine, but the sink outside had no storage space for much. The maid service came at 6PM to service the room. The swimming pool was just plain sad and dirty.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
June 17, 2014
Dear xpatsrus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your stay. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can only apologize that your room did not meet your size expectations and therefore did not have enough space for your items. It is not a normal occurrence to have a room cleaned at 6pm and we will make sure to share your feedback with our Housekeeping team to ensure they are servicing the rooms at an appropriate and convenient time for our guests. I appreciate the comments that you have shared with us as a leisure traveler and I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for one night and I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and management. The hotel is only blocks away from the Capitol, which is absolutely beautiful, and very conviienent to downtown and UT. I was greeted with a smile by everyone here, including the very busy bar staff that graciously put the Stanley cup finals game on for me. I had dinner right at the bar, food was good but a bit pricey. I spent a good deal of time chatting with a gentleman I assumed was here for the ROT bike rally over dinner only to find out the next day that he was the hotel's GM. The staff and management really take an interest in their guests which is very refreshing. Emily, another manger addressed a noise issue I had herself and found time to speak with me while eating breakfast the next day. The rooms are nice, the bed is the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on, and the showers had amazing water pressure (which after you've been walking around all afternoon in 90 degree heat is a big plus). I was surprised that there wasn't a place on the night stand to plug in your phone and iPad chargers. Most hotels have at least one outlet built into a lamp or the table itself. The pool and grounds are beautiful as well, but would suggest that you request a room that does not overlook the highway as mine did. I would absolutely recommend this hotel since the staff and management truly care about you as a guest which is hard to find in most cities today. I will also be choosing Sheraton hotels in other cities after this stay.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't overlook the highway, and if you need a fridge you can request one a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was not up to the standard one would associate with the Sheraton brand. The front desk staff was very indifferent. The valet guys on the other hand were really nice. Perhaps the front desk staff could shadow the valet guys and learn a thing or two from them. The room custodial staff were also not that great. They forgot to replenish the coffee and tea bags in the room, same with some of the toiletries. I was surprised that there was no refrigerator in the room. Most hotels in this price range (and even lower) have small refrigerators in the room. The lobby was very uninviting. The first thing you see upon entering the hotel is the bar and not the front desk. There is really no place to sit in the lobby. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the location...walking distance to the Capitol and great views of the Capitol building from the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Capitol. Avoid rooms facing I-35.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dave B, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear OklahomaProfessor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. The inhospitable staff you encountered during your stay are not typical of the service we offer, and I regret that you were unable to address these concerns prior to your departure. Rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the Hotel Management Staff to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future. In regards to the refrigerator, we do provide refrigerators upon request and we apologize that you found this to be of inconvenience.
We are very happy to hear that you did find our hotel to be in an ideal location. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to improve your view of the Sheraton Austin.

SheratonSA

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels