Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
US$259
US$251
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$205
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$212
austinmotel.com
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hotels.com
US$265
US$258
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$157
1,035 results
All reviewsthe club loungeweight roomred riverwalking distanceself parkingsixth streetfront desk staffhotel restaurantcapitol buildinglive musicconvention centerdowntownvaletbellmanutproximitynightlife
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel expecting the typical Sheraton standard. That was not the case..... From dusty telephones and dinged up furniture to peeling, crusty wall paper and even dried up gum stuck to the shower head, we were severely disappointed with our stay. The hotel is a nice hotel, just not kept we'll at all. The grout around the bathtub was oozing with dingy mold and the floors scented with a hint of sour wash rags. In its day this WAS definitely a great hotel, but needs maintenance and renovation to keep up with even the tiny "express" hotels that offer complimentary breakfasts and such. Sorry for the poor review , Sheraton, but we know you can do better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NJP44881
Scott L, General Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

NJP44881

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It is unfortunate that you were issued a room in this condition. I can assure you this is not the standard for our rooms and I agree that it is unacceptable. I will make sure all of the issues you listed are investigated with our management and maintenance teams and resolved to the standards we expect. If you wish to reach out to directly to us so we an further investigate the issues please do so.

Best Regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed a week for a conference and I took my 3 yrs old special needs soon and my mother. I was afraid someone would say something about my son being loud or unruly, but the staff was more than understanding without me having to excuse ourselves.

Both the restaurant service and house keeping was superb, Frances, even sent breakfast up to the room when my mother couldn't get my son to cooperate. Maria in housekeeping was also very accommodating waiting for us to get out of the room.

I didn't deal with front desk much, checked in and checked out that's it.

Pillows were amazing. Bathroom was very small, no counter space for all our stuff. And not having a fridge was hard with a child.

Overall the service was great, friendly, and very accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Martha U
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent three nights at the Sheraton for a recent Texas Bar CLE event. This hotel is usually pretty pricey but they offered a good rate for the conference. Being allowed to stay on a Starwood Preferred Guest floor was a big plus. My room was high enough to offer a great view of downtown Austin. The hotel was very quiet and the room was larger than normal. The hotel garage is dark and claustrophobic but the location offers an opportunity to go to most downtown locations and the capital on foot. The location is also right off I-29 so it is also handy for driving to other Austin locations. I strongly recommend spending one night watching the bats come out from under the Ann Richards Congress Avenue bridge at dusk. Just watch out for the ants if you decide to sit on the lawn at the Austin American-Statesman viewing area.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer the best views of downtown Austin.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Austin for a business trip. At the end of the trip when I was about to check-in at the airport, I realized that my brand-new laptop was missing. So crazily panic and with a vague memory that I might leave the bag on the hallway of Sheraton while I was waiting for the airport shuttle, I called the Sheraton front desk. The lady transferred my call to the housekeeping department. The director of housekeeping (Mrs. Liz Guerrero) told me that she had the laptop. She also told me that she will pack the bag and send back to my destination address. I was so relieved and felt so blessed with such wonderful and honest stuff at Sheraton, who cared their customers not only when they are there, but also when they left.
Sheraton also gives a voucher if you would like skip your housekeeping service, and the voucher can be used in the hotel's bar and restaurant.
The gym was nice too with multiple cardiac equipment, weighting lift equipment and a swimming pool. The only shortcoming is that the hotel is not at the very heart of entertainment districts, it's about 10 mins talking distance to there and to the Capitol, but it's at a quiet location. I highly recommend Sheraton Austin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed with a friend just one night while attending a local concert. Our room was clean, well-stocked, and fresh, and we didn't have any problems except we must have stayed the same night as the previous reviewer who stated they heard some girls being extremely loud in the hallway, which woke me up around 2 AM. Again, aside from that, our stay was swift, but pleasant and the staff was very nice, overall. I would definitely stay again for another weekend trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends