“Great service, could use some updates though.”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #39 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My wife and I were in town for some nightlife on 6Street and decided to stay at the Omni downtown. The hotel was in a perfect location for walking everywhere in the 6street district. The service at this hotel rates 5stars. Everyone from the checkout clerks, concierge, bellmen, maids, barstaff, pool staff went out of their way to be helpful. We liked the rooftop pool. It was a great place to hangout with a drink during the day. Some cons are: The hotel itself is a little dated and could use some renovation and the hot tub was broken. Also, it is very close to some live music clubs so if you want to go to sleep before 2am you may want to stay in adifferent area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. We are currently in the processing of getting the hot tub updated to ensure that it can be comfortably and safely used by all guests. While we do work with the city of Austin to ensure that noise levels are at or below the allowed limit, we do experience some noise from 6th street. If this may be an issue for you, be sure to request one of our Atrium views which is a quieter room. We hope to see you back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,936)

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Great location, clean and nice hotel. My only complaint is that the walls in my room were thin. This may have just been a problem in my room because it had a connecting door to the adjoining room, so maybe that was the problem? I could hear the person in the next room using the sink, shower, and hair dryer, and flushing the toilet. The room was clean and nice other than that!
Oh, and I left my cell phone charger in the room. When I called that afternoon, they could give me one that matched my description even though they didn't show that one was found in my room that day. I've never had such luck after leaving something in a hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed here for a business trip. The accommodations were very very nice and so comfortable. Good reliable internet access allowed me to complete business and make all my time productive. Most important the Service was Impeccable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Like most Omni hotels, the Omni Hotel in Downtown Austin is very nice. The lobby is excellent and the rooms were clean and well kept. The location is also very good, within walking distance of both 6th Street and the Frank Erwin Center, which was awesome for us since we were in town for a concert. The hotel is not cheap, but I would say you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

We are glad that the Omni Hotel worked out great for your trip. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2011

When you look at the hotel from the outside it looks nice and so does the atrium.. BUT when they say all rooms ar enovated do NOT believe them. We booked and Executive One- Bedroom Suite on the executive floors. The hallways are nasty/old , the appliances in the room are scratched and nasty. The bed was as hard as a rock and the bathroom was the worst part.. old tile, wood trims (old) and comode did not work that good it just weezed for like ten minutes. Select Guest program did not provide what it said it would either. I hate having to write bad reviews and I was really looking forward to this hotel but we left 10 minutes after we got there.

Room Tip: Do not stay in suites.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hjg61
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for the review. We apologize for any confusion regarding the renovations of the hotel. The suites are scheduled for renovation and will be completed by the end of the year. We are sorry that this stay did not meet your expectations but are sorry that you did not allow us to find alternate accommodations that would be more satisfactory. We hope that if you return to Austin, you are able to stay with us and experience Omni Hotels as it should be.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed one night at this business hotel, even though we were travelling as a family due to the location of the hotel. Staff is friendly and gave the kids some welcome bags upon arrival.
The rooftop pool is more for decoration than for actual use as it is the smallest pool I have seen in my 15 years of business and pleasure travelling. Dining is set up like Hyatts with atriums. The bar and restaurant were well staffed, but I preferred to get my food at cafes along Congress.
I got a great deal on this hotel though Priceline, but if I paid full price, would have selected something along Town Lake. To go see the bats come out from under the bride in Town Lake, my family would have to walk 25 minutes to get there. It can be a long walk after huffing it all day hiking, etc.
The hotel wasnt very full on this week-end, so cannot comment on how soundproof the walls are. Rooms are clean and have lots of toiletries as one would expect from an Omni. If I was on business in downtown Austin, would stay here again.

Room Tip: elevators are situated away from the rooms, so no dealing with that noise.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Thank you for your review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of our guests find us to be very family friendly hotel, and the Omni Kids program has different amenities to make sure guests of all ages are able to enjoy their stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Large hotel, clean, comfortable rooms, located near the capital and 6th street. If you want to be closer to Congres or Barton Springs it's a little out of the way unless you've rented a car. There's a cool rooftop pool, a little small but nice. We got a package deal through hotels.com making it worth the $$

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends