“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

There are very few hotels where I give my repeat business to. This is one of them. The staff makes you feel welcome the moment that you check in. They are friendly and knowledgeable. If you aren't an Omni Select Guest member, do sign up. You will get free internet during your stay, a free morning beverage of your choice, and free pressing service, all of which are greatly appreciated. If you are coming in for business and need your sleep, be sure to request a room on the interior side of the hotel. The other side of the hotel is close to 6th Street, and you will hear the noise on the street below well past 3am! The room service is there when they say they will be, and the food is also very good. There have been a few occasions where I have needed a late check-out, and the staff is always very accommodating. I also appreciate the fact that the hotel has off-duty Austin Police officers there on the weekends to make sure that guests only are going on the elevators to the guest rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room if you do not want to listen to the noise from 6th Street
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank maggiem27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Indonesian first
Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I got a great rate on Priceline and I really appreciated the fact that this property did not treat me differentially because of the Priceline payment status. In the past, I've had properties refuse to honor my membership in their frequent guest program because I paid through Priceline, but the Omni never noted the status of my purchase. They automatically upgraded me via frequent stayer to a free morning continental breakfast delivered to my room, as well as free internet. Both of these features were sincerely appreciated; the breakfast was really great in that it saved me both time and money. The staff was excellent, especially the concierge who was particularly gracious, helpful and humorous. I'm pretty familiar with the downtown restaurants and the recommendations that I heard him make to other guests were right on the mark and seemed totally objective. I thought that the atrium was lovely, I never had to wait for an elevator, and the housekeeping staff checked in with me each day or evening to see that things were stocked. The roof top pool was wonderful to back to each day; floating in the pool and gazing out over the city was total bliss. The only downside was when I tried to get a drink at the lobby bar in the evenings, I had to go find the bartender. However, during more "regular" hours, I also had a light meal at that bar and the food was amazing- a real surprise for a lobby bar.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Truly outstanding customer service. Fast check-in and check-out. Resolved an issue quickly without having the customer jump through hoops to get it corrected. Fast valet. Would definitely stay again and plan to in the future. Bar area very nice, breakfast was great though coffee was not up to par but that was very minor for such a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I did not get the internet working. I spent 5 hours in general with the tech support, since I had to work with my company back in Israel.
In addition, there was a huge noise all nights long. In the reception, they said these are drunk people coming back at weekend. So? Can't you take care of it? They said they try to avoid parties in the rooms, so - I guess they should try harder.
To conclude:
Very expensive, you can not sleep at night and you have to stay in the conference hall in order to have internet connection and run your business. If you want, you can go there. I will never do so again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank YoramYoram
, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thanks for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry for the issues with the WIFI. At times companies have restrictions that don't allow a connection with the open WIFI here. It doesn't happen often but on occassion we have this issue. As for the noise it is difficult to control some of our guests when they return late in the evening. We do take this seriously and have added security on busy nights. We do hope you can return to our hotel and have a great stay.
Chicago
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We got a very good price for two rooms on Priceline at the last minute. Not spectacular, but very nice. It is a bit dated....the atrium look is kind of old, I think. However, our room had a small balcony and was just fine. The air conditioner was loud, as another reviewer said, but it worked, and that was important in the summer in Austin. Oddly, it had a huge bathroom....almost as big as the bedroom. However, the other room we booked for fellow travellers didn't have a window...just a view of the lobby from the atrium. I'm not sure how that would be. We didn't see that room. But for the low price we paid, it was fine. Nothing special, but fine.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed here June 2012 and had a good experience. It was an extremely busy weekend because of a big bike rally that was going on. The hotel was packed with bikers but the staff was still very nice and attentive. The rooms are clean and well designed. The only complaint I have is that they wouldn't give me a late check out time. But seeing as it was so busy, I understand.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I recently stayed at the Omni on a business trip. First off, I was greeted by extremely helpful and courteous staff. I stayed in an Executive Suite which was spacious and beautiful. My only complaint would be that the air conditioner in the room was loud. The hotel is just a couple of streets up from 6th street. 6th Street is full of great bars and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Thank you so much for you kind review of our hotel. We take great pride in caring for our guests. We appreciate the comments and look forward to your next visit with us, here in Austin.