“A nice stay”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #39 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My experience was overall plesant with just a few minor irritations that I did not bother to address with the staff (I'm sure they would've been addressed immediately). I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy all of the amenities, but the location alone was fantastic! I loved having the ability to walk out and be in the center of the city where everything is happening. Very clean, staff was very nice, restaurant was great, but selection was somewhat limited in my opinion. Loved room service! In room movies were somewhat overpriced...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristin L

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Omni hotels fell far short of my expectations. poor service, overpriced, bad WIFI, and management is not accessible to deal with guest issues. Stay at the Driskoll when in Austin. The temperature controls in the room couldnt be adjusted properly and the WiFi doesnt work.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thanks for your comment. We welcome all feedback and wish I could be more specific regarding the service you received. It appears you may have been here during Formula one. We had unusually heavy WIFI traffic during certain times of the day especailly early morning and following the race practices. It appeard that many people were accessing the system at the same time each day. We do not normally have these issues during normal business.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Have stayed at this hotel in last summer and found it to always be very enjoyable; great staff, clean rooms, very comfortable beds and the fact that it is within the Domain development makes a variety of restaurants, bars and shopping a short walk away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

As a former flight attendant, I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to customer service. I was BLOWN AWAY by the genuine attention that your staff provided to our group. I know that it is their job, but I could sense that they have a sense a level of pride and passion in assisting their customers. I am actually having withdrawals from the wonderful people that I worked with for those (2) days.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to post your positive feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate your kind words for the customer service of our staff members. We're pleased your stay exceeded expectations and hope you have the opportunity to return in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My cousin got this room in price line so we only paid $103 which made it good value. By signing up free for the Omni hotel club you get free wifi access and a "beverage delivery" in the morning. We didnt get our drink delivery and told front desk on check out they gace us a card to get free drinks at the hotel Starbucks. Parking is not included in price and is extra $20 but is right underneath, which was great in this cold weather. Bed was comfy. Eye shade and ear plugs in bed side drawer are a nice tough.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel itself is very comfortable and quiet. Be aware though that there is a $20 daily charge for self parking in addition to your hotel rate. It is close enough to walk to 6th street and the convention center, but the walk back is all uphill.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was a little nervous about staying at the Omni Austin Downtown simply because of the reviews not all being positive. We decided to go anyway and make up our own minds and I am SO glad! The valets (Shaw and Ryan - AWESOME!) took care of us right away. We checked in early and our room was ready and it was the perfect room (thanks Melissa - PHENOMENAL!). It was on the 13th floor facing 6th Street. It was great to watch all the people and activities from our room. They sent up a delicious surprise of chocolate goodies. I had welcome notes from the staff to make us feel at home. We went downstairs to the lounge/bar and enjoyed the great ambiance (Sam the bartender is THE ABSOLUTE BEST!). We also enjoyed the breakfast / happy hour at the concierge level - thanks to Duston and Jonathan! I'm not sure why folks gave bad reviews, but we had one of the best mini vacations EVER and I would highly recommend it to anyone! We are going back next month to enjoy it again!

Room Tip: choose a room on the 6th Street side - the noise wasn't bad at all.