“review”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #43 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 2 December 2013

thank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in thisthank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in thisthank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in thisthank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in this

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I checked in at the Omnibus for a convention. It isn't attached to the convention center but it was still close. Approximately 6 blocks away. Clean rooms and beautiful lobby impressed me. The most impressive part of the hotel is the service. Everyone wants to help. Actually asks you if you need help. I would stay here in a heartbeat again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed two nights at the Omni Austin in November, 2013. I had a large executive one-bedroom suite with a queen bed at the end of a corridor. The room was quiet with regard to corridor and adjacent room noises. The bath was large and had a glass-walled shower. This is a good 4-star hotel. The downtown location at 8th and San Jacinto was convenient for my purposes.

There was no desk, but the main room had a conference table seating 6 that was a substitute for a desk and provided a large surface to lay out papers, etc. There was a relatively small TV in each room. Lighting was good.

The major problem with this hotel from my standpoint arises from its design. The ground floor is at the bottom of a very large glass atrium that apparently is hard to heat in cold weather. The atrium was always cold, so cold that I had to wear a sweatshirt and outside coat to stay moderately warm while having dinner. I don't know if this problem can be corrected.

A less important flaw was the huge size of portions served at dinner. These always were far beyond what I wanted and I found them irritating. This extends to all courses. Portions of about 25-30% of those served would have been appropriate.

A final caution is that I could hear muffled music noises until 2 am on Saturday night. These were not loud enough to interfere with my sleep. I don't know whether the noise came from the hotel or from another source. When it stopped at 2 am it was followed by street shouting and horn honking that lasted until about 3 am. This also was muffled, but not as much so as the music.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We appreciate your time in posting the positive and constructive remarks from your recent stay as we do depend upon guest feedback to reinforce our activities if we are on the right track and to put us back on that track, should we go astray. In regards to building design, we attempt to warm the atrium area during cold winter months but due to the numerous entry points of the building, it can be a challenge to insulate the heat in that vicinity. Thank you again for your patronage and input.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Really like the quiet policy after 10:30 p.m. Very convenient downtown location. We were given a map with locations of eating places in the near downtown area. Very helpful. All the staff members were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We're pleased to hear you had a quiet and comfortable stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Excellent location in downtown Austin Texas , friendly and environment with a walking distance to 6th East street. Very nice place and clean rooms. The staff are extremely helpful and very delightful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fawaz A
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My experience was overall plesant with just a few minor irritations that I did not bother to address with the staff (I'm sure they would've been addressed immediately). I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy all of the amenities, but the location alone was fantastic! I loved having the ability to walk out and be in the center of the city where everything is happening. Very clean, staff was very nice, restaurant was great, but selection was somewhat limited in my opinion. Loved room service! In room movies were somewhat overpriced...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristin L
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Omni hotels fell far short of my expectations. poor service, overpriced, bad WIFI, and management is not accessible to deal with guest issues. Stay at the Driskoll when in Austin. The temperature controls in the room couldnt be adjusted properly and the WiFi doesnt work.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thanks for your comment. We welcome all feedback and wish I could be more specific regarding the service you received. It appears you may have been here during Formula one. We had unusually heavy WIFI traffic during certain times of the day especailly early morning and following the race practices. It appeard that many people were accessing the system at the same time each day. We do not normally have these issues during normal business.