“Great Weekend Stay in Austin”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Weekend Stay in Austin”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had a business weekend stay in Austin over my birthday and selected the Omni based on reviews and location. Check-in late Friday afternoon went well and they gave me a complimentary upgrade for my birthday as well as cupcakes in my room. The location is great to easily walk around downtown Austin and over to South Congress. Rooms were comfortable, with nice TVs and decent amenities. Only thing I would echo is being aware of the noise from 6th St. If you are partaking of the fun, it won't be an issue, but if you stay in on a weekend night, you will hear street level noise late into the evening if your room faces the street - even if you are staying on a high floor. Overall, the experience was great with excellent service and I would return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Indonesian first
Austin, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I would have rated this hotel 'Very Good' as everything about it WAS very good, except for 3 things: 1 - Noise level DURING WEEKEND. It is a great place to stay (location/price, etc) during the week for business, but come weekend time, beware of noise level since it is so close to 6'th street. Also, beware of noise level if staying in the city during events (SXSW, ACL). Otherwise, I slept like a baby because the bed was amazingly soft & nothing else really bothered me much. Just go into your stay with the expectation that weekends will be louder. 2 - In-room dining - service was great, but some of their pricing reflected in the room service book did not match what I received on the bill. Just slightly irritating as they have to go back downstairs to determine what is the right price & then come back up to complete the entire transaction again. Easy fix - Fix your computer prices when you ring up the menu items & this could be a superior service. 3 - Online customer service - Since traveling on business, I touch base with most hotels before my stay to ensure I don't have any issues. The response I received back from their online customer service was a basic generic response which did not provide me with the right information I needed for my stay which in turn made me turn my focus from my business meetings to the hotel issue I was experiencing. Something that I do not enjoy handling especially since business trips are already stressful & time sensitive with meetings, etc. Besides those 3 points, I would say I really enjoyed my stay - I enjoyed my room, the rooftop pool, and the service I encountered was amazing (aside from the online customer service). I would stay here again IF some of the things above were fixed (obviously I know about the sound issues, so wouldn't have high expectations during the weekend as that isn't really the hotel's fault- the other 2 are issues that need to be fixed though).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for posting your feedback. We appreciate the constructive comments as well as the positive notes. Rest assured we will look into the areas you mentioned. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a flawless stay.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed at in the past 10 years. I work out of town for 300+ days in a year. I stay at many different hotels all over the country. The Omni in Austin Texas is by far - at the TOP of my list! The Ancho Restaurant and the Lobby Bar area are PERFECT! The food is great! The Staff are awesome! The atmosphere is just right! You will love this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the high praise of your most recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our hotel room was very clean, everything was in working order. The biggest issue was the noise level that came from outside the hotel. The glass is very thin and we could hear every siren alarm, honking and clubs downtown. Our friends who also stayed at the hotel on the same night had similar experiences as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We're very sorry to hear you were disturbed by downtown city noise during your visit. We would be happy to place you in an interior facing room during your next stay. We look forward to having you back in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I stay in this hotel often and the customer service is of the highest quality each and every visit. The location in downtown Austin is great. They have the best frequent guest program which has made a loyal customer!

• Stayed February 2014
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your patronage as a Select Guest member and looking forward to your next visit.
Shreveport, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2014

From the friendliness of the staff to the remodeled room, our recent stay at Omni Austin downtown was exactly the relaxing stay we needed. Breakfast buffet was delicious. I am happy to recommend this property!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dallas, TX, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

product and amenities are dated (needs a renovation) - other product in area that is way cheaper (and nicer) product and amenities are dated (needs a renovation) - other product in area that is way cheaper (and nicer)

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We appreciate all feedback both positive and negative. We have just undergone a major refurbishing of the public space in the hotel and last year we renovated all of our suites (78 of them). I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay.