“Disappointment”

Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Chicago
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for business, looking forward to being downtown Austin. The hotel was convenient, but only for downtown experience. EXTREMELY overpriced for room that was overlooking the venting system, no hot water on one morning and the noise from other rooms was as if I was at a summer camp - could hear everything. Inconsistent "specialty member" care, day old newspaper and dirtiest carpet ever. The valets and bell staff were phenomenal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank MzGlobetrotting
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thanks for your comment. We do appreciate all feedback and use this to better our services for our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Indonesian first
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I travel every week for business. The Omni Austin Downtown hotel is one of the finest hotels I've ever come across. Exceptional! I suppose if I was going to be really critical, I would mention that the valet parking is pretty expensive. It's like $28 a night or something. But besides that, this is a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed here because it was my hubby's conference hotel. The hotel is connected to an office building with lots of glass, surrounding an atrium. It has a very "business-y" feel. It's in a good location for walking to the Capitol and most of the downtown area.

While it's just a couple of blocks from the 6th St. bar scene, we never heard any of it from our 5th floor room, although we were not facing 6th St. While we didn't hear any street noise, we could hear people in the hallway or next door -- not enough to actually hear what people were saying, but you can hear activity through the doors/walls.

The staff, from the doormen to the front desk to the housekeepers, were all super pleasant and service-oriented. Our only service glitch was that one of our pieces of luggage didn't make it on the plane with us and after it was delivered to the hotel in the wee hours of the next morning, my husband went down to the front desk to retrieve it. He had a bit of trouble getting the staff member to find it, even though we alerted them to the fact that a bag would be delivered as soon as we checked in. They did find the bag, though.

The room was very large and clean and the bed was comfy. It was appreciated that they had already placed the requested mini-fridge in our room -- my husband had requested it ahead of time but so often hotels make you wait for it after check-in, but not here. It was plugged in and ready. There was plenty of storage. My only complaint about the room was that the counter/sink in the bathroom was at a height that required me to stand on my tiptoes to comfortably use the sink for brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc. and I usually don't have that problem.

There's a little coffee bar in the Atrium, which was handy for grabbing a beverage that is included with the loyalty program. The only problem is that it closes at 3 p.m. So when I got back from my day and wanted a coffee, I had to go to the bar, and they had to go get it from room service, which they cheerfully did (and I paid for).

If you are here for a conference, my hubby said that the snacks, beverage service, etc. were all very good for the meetings and the conference rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We appreciate you taking time to post a review and thank you for the positive and constructive comments. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff members resolved the issues you reported in a timely manner. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Omni is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel with good size rooms, well appointed. Good restaurant onsite and great bar. Breakfast is superb with large range to choose from. Staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank StueyB
Omaha
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This Omni property is at the top of the list for attentive and outstanding customer service! This dedication to providing the best service to their customers has been upheld over several stays at this property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

San Luis Obispo, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very nicely furnished rooms. Good and speedy service. Linens, towels, room service was excellent. I just had one minor problem with noise coming from adjoining room and outside music even though I was on the 11th floor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Omni Austin for a conference and have no complaints about my stay. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this as a great place to stay in Austin. I will say that the value of my room for my stay was fantastic because I received a conference rate, which was cheaper then what they offer to the every day casual traveler. Either way it's worth looking into. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business