“Great Visit”

Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Albany, NY, United States
“Great Visit”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed three nights as part of meeting hosted at hotel and enjoyed all aspects of my experience. The room was clean and comfortable, the fitness & business centers allowed me to stay balanced, and the lounge was a great place for a casual food or drink experience. The staff was friendly and attentive. Don't think anything could have been any better.

1 Thank Scott W
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
We're pleased to hear your stay exceeded your expectations. We thank you for the feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I love it when I can go into a hotel and instantly feel as though it is going to be a great stay. That is the way I felt going in to the Austin Omni. What a first class stay. People were wonderful to work with and the facility is one of the best. I will be back there the next time I am in Austin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Rebecca E
St Petersburg, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed two nights for business. The bathroom was extremely dark and the paint was bubbling and tile moldy in the shower. The hotel is kind of on the outskirts of downtown. There are better and closer hotels.

1 Thank Andy G
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you Andy. I hope you have the correct hotel as we are right in the center of Austin's downtown. If so we are sorry you didnt enjoy your stay.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The rooms are a bit dark, and quite small but comfortable and clean. The bathroom is huge! The staff was lovely and even sent up some chocolate covered strawberries after I had a not so pleasant time at another Omni location. The one thing I could say is the balcony rooms are not so noise proof ad the floor to ceiling sliding glass doors had not been cleaned in a long time.

Room Tip: The view from the balcony is nice, but loud at night with the clubs and in the morning with traffic...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for returning to Omni Hotels after a negative experience. We appreciate you giving us another opportunity to provide a more satisfactory stay. We value your constructive comments and will address the issues you mentioned immediately.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at the omni. My boyfriend and I had a last minute trip to austin, and we were worried about getting a room anywhere. I was really pleased with how accommodating and helpful the omni staff was over the phone. They made it really easy, and we were right next to all of the bars and restaurants we wanted to visit during our short weekend trip. I would recommend this hotel for sure

Stayed December 2013
Natalia, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Hotel staff was extremely professional, attentive, and friendly. My room was immaculate. I felt very well taken care of. The entire experience was great and I plan on staying here every time I am in Austin for business or pleasure.

Chicago
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for business, looking forward to being downtown Austin. The hotel was convenient, but only for downtown experience. EXTREMELY overpriced for room that was overlooking the venting system, no hot water on one morning and the noise from other rooms was as if I was at a summer camp - could hear everything. Inconsistent "specialty member" care, day old newspaper and dirtiest carpet ever. The valets and bell staff were phenomenal.

1 Thank MzGlobetrotting
Thanks for your comment. We do appreciate all feedback and use this to better our services for our guests.