Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$261
  • Breakfast included
US$307
US$275
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
W Austin(Austin)
US$379
US$344
3,046 results
All reviewsrooftop poolselect guestoffice buildingclub levelroom servicesixth streetwalking distancebeautiful hotellobby barself parkingstate capitolbusiness tripconvention centerlive musicdowntownconciergenoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Omni Hotel in downtown Austin. We could walk to several good restaurants and bars. Staff were very accommodating and made our stay a pleasant experience. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I chose this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. While the service and overall experience was good, the noise level at 1:30 a.m. in the morning was horrible. It woke me up and front desk blamed it on 6th street. I was on 6th floor and vibration from music was so bad, I seriously doubt it was from blocks away. Manager said it would end at 2:00 a.m. when bars closed, however, it continued well beyond 2:00 a.m. If you want a good night's sleep, I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Good morning and thank you for your response. I am sorry you did not get a good nights sleep due to the 6th street music venues. We dont have live or recorded music in the hotel and security patrols the halls throughout the night so we are confident the disturbance was from the 6th street bars. We work closely with the APD to help mitigate the issue but unfortunately there is so much happening when the bars are closing that they cant get ot more minor issues such as noise. We do take sound readings hourly with a decibel meter and anytime the sound is above the statute we call 311 to report it. Some nights are worse than others and we encourage sensitive guests to ask for an interior room where the noise is much less an issue.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay at your hotel because it was close to the airport, as I had an early flight the next morning. Overall the stay was good. However, upon checking in I did not receive a select guest door hanger. I did ask for one and the front desk agent was very kind and apologized. That evening I filled out my choices on the door hanger, and marked 4am as my chosen time. 4am came and went, and sadly no coffee had been delivered. My boyfriend and I will be back in July for a night. I do hope the level of service is kicked up a notch.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for the lapse in delivery of your complimentary Select Guest beverage. We value your input so that we may improve our services and look forward to your return in July.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We came here for our anniversary & booked a standard room. We were "upgraded" at the front desk to a room on the 14th floor. Upon entering the room, we immediately turned the air down to 65. After walking around in the Austin heat, we returned to our room to cool down. It was obvious the room was still hot & we proceeded to turn the air down to 60, high fan, the lowest setting. The air is ridiculous. If you want to stay somewhere nice & be able to cool off from the humid climate, DO NOT STAY HERE. I am very disappointed. We have stayed at hotels all over the south, during much hotter summer months, & have never experienced anything like this. What a waste. We could have stayed somewhere much cheaper & at least experienced some air circulation.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Rachella3
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry for your discomfort while our guest. Based on your saying you had the fan on high it appears you turned off the compressor that works on the "auto" setting. When you turn on the fan it only circulates the air in the room. It does not cool. Very similar to your home system. I am sorry it did not cool correctly and hope you will return and try us again

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. You do feel like you're staying in an office building (this is the big negative of this place that's unavoidable), but the rooms were very nice. Location is great – easy to walk to everything. Staff was very helpful. Nice rooftop pool. If you're looking for a quaint, warm and fuzzy hotel experience, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. This place offers solid service in the heart of a very cool town.

Room Tip: We had a room whose window looked out into the lobby atrium. At first felt strange, but we ended up liking. Good light without the street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends