“GREAT HOTEL!! SUPER STAFF!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Austin Hotel Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #37 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Victoria, Texas
“GREAT HOTEL!! SUPER STAFF!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My SIL was in the hospital in Austin for some tests that turned into a serious medical problem and hospital stay. My daughter went up originally for a night or two and then called and wanted me to come and stay with her a few days until her husband was out of ICU.The staff from the time I pulled up to the time I left were at about 120% giving and friendly towards my daughter and me. They were very compassionate and caring as well as going the extra mile in service. I could not even think of ONE single thing that was not perfect.
I commented to my daughter that they should send some of the folks from Austin down to the La mansion in San Antonio and teach them how to run a hotel and treat guest. If they could get 1/3 as good as the folks in Austin it might become a hotel worth staying at again.
Brought the grand kids up for a couple of days to see their dad and again they were treated so nicely. Not like kids but like little people. With the exception of the reason of the stay which did work out well in the end, this was most likely the nicest hotel experience I have ever had and I travel a lot. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AT YOUR HOTEL. Gene Finney III father of Jennifer Janssen.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. Inside overlooks an office building and is fun for people watching or close...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We truly appreciate your kind comments and trust your family member is recovering from this medical crisis quickly. We hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us in the near future under much better circumstances.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Indonesian first
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I joined my daughter on a business trip here last week. The staff in all areas were very friendly, and helpful when asked for assistance. Yes, the office views from our window were a little strange, but that is the design and not much you can do about it. We stayed too busy to notice, anyway. The rooftop pool is great! Don't stay here without a trip up there. We saw several people just step out onto the deck, look around and leave. You can't really appreciate something until you let yourself take more than a minute to enjoy it. The bartender was very accommodating and so friendly! Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Omni Hotel in downtown Austin. We could walk to several good restaurants and bars. Staff were very accommodating and made our stay a pleasant experience. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I chose this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. While the service and overall experience was good, the noise level at 1:30 a.m. in the morning was horrible. It woke me up and front desk blamed it on 6th street. I was on 6th floor and vibration from music was so bad, I seriously doubt it was from blocks away. Manager said it would end at 2:00 a.m. when bars closed, however, it continued well beyond 2:00 a.m. If you want a good night's sleep, I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Good morning and thank you for your response. I am sorry you did not get a good nights sleep due to the 6th street music venues. We dont have live or recorded music in the hotel and security patrols the halls throughout the night so we are confident the disturbance was from the 6th street bars. We work closely with the APD to help mitigate the issue but unfortunately there is so much happening when the bars are closing that they cant get ot more minor issues such as noise. We do take sound readings hourly with a decibel meter and anytime the sound is above the statute we call 311 to report it. Some nights are worse than others and we encourage sensitive guests to ask for an interior room where the noise is much less an issue.
New Braunfels, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay at your hotel because it was close to the airport, as I had an early flight the next morning. Overall the stay was good. However, upon checking in I did not receive a select guest door hanger. I did ask for one and the front desk agent was very kind and apologized. That evening I filled out my choices on the door hanger, and marked 4am as my chosen time. 4am came and went, and sadly no coffee had been delivered. My boyfriend and I will be back in July for a night. I do hope the level of service is kicked up a notch.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for the lapse in delivery of your complimentary Select Guest beverage. We value your input so that we may improve our services and look forward to your return in July.
Athens, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We came here for our anniversary & booked a standard room. We were "upgraded" at the front desk to a room on the 14th floor. Upon entering the room, we immediately turned the air down to 65. After walking around in the Austin heat, we returned to our room to cool down. It was obvious the room was still hot & we proceeded to turn the air down to 60, high fan, the lowest setting. The air is ridiculous. If you want to stay somewhere nice & be able to cool off from the humid climate, DO NOT STAY HERE. I am very disappointed. We have stayed at hotels all over the south, during much hotter summer months, & have never experienced anything like this. What a waste. We could have stayed somewhere much cheaper & at least experienced some air circulation.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rachella3
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry for your discomfort while our guest. Based on your saying you had the fan on high it appears you turned off the compressor that works on the "auto" setting. When you turn on the fan it only circulates the air in the room. It does not cool. Very similar to your home system. I am sorry it did not cool correctly and hope you will return and try us again
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. You do feel like you're staying in an office building (this is the big negative of this place that's unavoidable), but the rooms were very nice. Location is great – easy to walk to everything. Staff was very helpful. Nice rooftop pool. If you're looking for a quaint, warm and fuzzy hotel experience, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. This place offers solid service in the heart of a very cool town.

Room Tip: We had a room whose window looked out into the lobby atrium. At first felt strange, but we ended up...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends