“Best of the Best !”

Ranked #36 of 200 Hotels in Austin
reston
“Best of the Best !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Our stay of the Omni was the best part of our fabulous long weekend getway in Austin. My daughter and I went to Austin (our first trip there) to celebrate my birthday and could not have asked for a better place to stay. Everyone there went way beyond to accommodate us. It began when we were put in a room where we could hear music from 6th street way into the night and thus couldn't sleep. At checkin we had specifically requested a quiet room, so at 1:30am I called the front desk to complain and was surpised and delighted to hear a sincere apology and that they would move us right away, or the next day. We opted for the next day and to our surprise again, the OMNI gave us 2 complimentary room service breakfasts to make up for the inconvenience ! They were fabulous in all ways ! I booked directly with the hotel about 2 months prior and got a GREAT deal ... much much less than thru on-line bookings. Maybe I just got lucky with that !

The service was beyond excellent... all the staff went above and beyond to assist us at every turn. This hotel is in the perfect location; within walking distance of 6th Street and Congress Avenue, and a nice 2-ish mile walk to shopping at South Congress.. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is relaxing with wonderful employees. I never encountered one employee who was not nice, accommodating and a pleasure to speak with. We enjoyed our trip and would definitely stay here again. Thanks to everyone at the OMNI downtown Austin for a great birthday weekend !!

• Stayed February 2011
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Thank you for taking the opportunity to let us know about your stay. I am glad to hear that the Front Desk was able to have a solution for you and that you left the hotel as a happy guest. The service from our staff is what sets us apart from other hotels, and we will let them know that this is appreciated. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Indonesian first
London, Ont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Excellent value – close to downtown and 6th St bars, as well as Capital buildings and Univ. of Texas.
In-out parking $12.00 – be careful driving down the ramp, lots of car paint left on the walls. Become a member of the Omni Select Club (just sign up) and get free wi-fi Internet and free juice and coffee delivered to your room in the morning.
Very clean hotel, interesting lobby, excellent service from staff – our room had an excellent view, large safe (17” notebook fit in), walk in change room. Nice pool area and whirlpool, but we got snow and freezing temperatures while we were there, so no swimming. Some chipped paint, etc. Large comfortable bed. We got a good price through Priceline – excellent value for the price we paid. Suggest you take a tour (90 minutes) of the area from the Visitor’s centre early in your visit – gives an excellent overview of the area.

If you like Country music, go to the "Broken Spoke" - not the most "plush" bar but a great atmosphere and great live music.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Derek_London_Ont
Thank you for letting us know about your stay here in Austin. We are glad to hear you enjoyed not only our hotel, but the local community as well. Whenever your travels bring you back to Austin, we hope you choose us at the Omni Austin Downtown to be your home away from home.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

We stayed here for the Austin half marathon. I had read many reviews about how noisy this hotel was...nothing could have been further from the truth! We had a room with a view of the atrium and the three nights we were there we never heard a sound! We had a renovated room and everything was perfect. We ate breakfast two mornings and it was great! We had drinks at the bar and they were very good. If you like bloody mary's, make sure you have Johnny fix one for you.....never had a better one! We always stay at Omni hotels when we can and the Omni Austin reminds us why! Great hotel...keep it up!!!

• Stayed February 2011
Thank you very much for the great review. Our hotel has a Good Nights Rest policy that we enforce very carefully to ensure each and every guest is rested and ready for their next day. Johnny can pour a great drink, and we'll make sure we let him know you said so. Come back and see us again soon!
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

While the Omni in Austin is a lovely hotel with attentive service, beware if you have an adjoining room. Mine was, on both walls, and I could hear every sniff, cough, toilet flush, phone ring and whispered conversation emanating from each room. And my neighbors were very well-behaved; I'm not blaming them. They were just going about their normal business. The walls must be made of paper, however. Maybe the rooms that are not joined don't have this issue.

When I first arrived, the bathtub had about an inch of stopped up, warm, water in it. I called maintenance and they quickly sent someone up who drilled away for about 15 minutes and fixed the clog. He was prompt and polite and clean, and sent up housekeeping to clean up after, immediately. I have no complaints with the service in this case, and I understand these plumbing things happen. And overall the room was clean and the service perfectly fine.

But a good night's sleep I did not get, either night I was there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown. We are sorry that this stay did not allow you for a restful night sleep. If you return to see us again, please feel free to contact anyone on our staff and we will do our best to accommodate you to the best of our ability. We hope if you return to Austin you will give us another chance. Thank you and Safe Travels!
Gold Coast Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

I stayed at the Omni in Austin from 12/16/10 to 12/26/10 and then again from 1/5/11 to 1/16/11. I was in town to visit my son, who has recently relocated to Texas. The location of this Omni is excellent and I found the service to be exceptional.
I chose to stay in a suite so that I would have extra space, kitchen and laundry facilities for a longish stay. It was an excellent choice, as I felt like I was coming home each time I returned to the hotel. I was always greeted with a "Welcome Home Ms G" from at least one or two members of staff, which was a lovely yet professional attention to detail. By the end of my second stay, it really did feel like home. The hotel staff made every effort to accommodate my every request; such as extra kitchen supplies, a humidifier to counteract the excessively dry room air, more towels etc., etc.
The Manager, April, was very helpful and professional as were Steve and Rob at the concierge desk. Matt and Thomas and Alex, the Welcome Ambassadors excelled and were genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I will definitely stay here again. Thank you to all the staff who made my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
While you can choose from many hotels with great facilities, what puts us over the top is the desire from our staff to ensure that each and every person who stays with us, for one night or for weeks, to enjoy their stay and feel they are truly in a home away from home. We will keep a room ready for you when you come back. See you soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

I had a great stay at this hotel. I traveled for Valentine's day with my boyfriend. We booked off priceline and got a steal on the room. The rooftop pool and hot tub were very pretty, although we didn't have time to enjoy more than the view. The staff was courteous and helpful. Comfy beds, spacious and nicely decorated rooms as well. The location was close to bars and restaurants, but away from all of the noise. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Omni. The service was excellent... all the staff went above and beyond to assist us. The hotel is close to 6th Street, which is the main strip in Austin. So, if you are bothered with noise from music and bars, this may not be the hotel for you. If not, it is in a good location because it is in walking distance of 6th Street. Don't worry about stragglers at the hotel because security is great and they check IDs at night. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is quiet and relaxing. I enjoyed my trip and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us here at the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown. We do have security to check and ensure we only have registered guests and that they are able to get a good night sleep during their time with us. We are excited to see you when you return. Safe Travels!