Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
W Austin(Austin)
2,186 results
All reviewssleep numbergreat locationthe congresscesar chavezwithin walking distancetown lakestreet bridgebats flyconvention centerinfinity poollady bird lakeparking garage iscity viewking suiteself parkrainey streetnice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The lobby along with it's nice TGI Fridays and Starbucks is very nice, very Radisson like. When I got to the room it was like a different hotel. The rooms haven't been updated except for the wall paper, mirror and light fixture in the bathroom. To pay full price for this hotel would have been upsetting, it was like any other budget hotel. There is no hot tub, fridge or free breakfest. What I disliked the most was the parking garage, it's odd. From the garage you take an elevator to the lobby where you then have to cross through Starbucks to another set of elevators to go up to your floor (or take the stairs to your floor where then the other side of the door reads Fire Exit Only, so confussing) Being that the hotel is downtown and alot was going on that weekend, sleep was a joke. I could hear everything outside until about 3am when it finally when quite. It's not a bad place to stay but it was less than I had hoped for from Radisson. Parking is $16 a day by the way.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road.
1  Thank Lovebird_10
Reviewed 15 May 2011

After reading many reviews, checking maps, and consulting with people who had been to or lived in Ausin I finally chose to book our stay at the Radisson and I am so glad I did! This was our first trip to Austin and we knew we wanted to stay downtown to be close to all of the different "districts" for live music and such but we also wanted to stay somewhere affordable and within walking distance so we wouldn't need to rent a car.

The Radisson ended up being a great fit for all of this. I found a reasonable rate (less than most other hotels I checked) and the hotel was nice. Our room had a view of the capitol building and the city which was cool. We were at the end of the hall so it was quiet too. The room was updated and clean, nothing extra special but roomy enough and comfortable. The location was convenient, we did not end up renting a car, and therefore walked everywhere downtown...6th Street, The Warehouse District, Red River, SoCo, etc. I felt safe the entire time we were there walking around and the city seemed clean-big city with a small town feel. The swimming pool was closed at the beginning of our stay due to deck staining but did open up for the last couple of days we were there and although the water was cold it was nice to lie out by the pool in the sun. The TGIFridays restaurant that is connected to the hotel is nice for a snack/beverage by the pool. The walking trail around the lake is utilized by many people throughout the day and evening and the bat watching under the bridge can be done from hotel grounds.

The concierge were helpful with restaurant recommendations/reservations and transportation to the airport.

If returning to Austin, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Check various online resources
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meli75
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our downtown location is within walking distance of Austin Convention Center, downtown business district, and the worl-famous 6th Street and Warehouse districts. After a day of sightseeing you can enjoy our outdoor pool.
The T.G.I. Friday's® Town Lake restaurant is located on-site and offers a varied menu with all of your favorite trademark T.G.I. Friday's® food and beverage options. We are pleased that our concierge was helpful reservations and your transportation need. Thank you for your business, your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

I was delighted to stay here because of the location, and it was a great price. The staff were excellent in creating an affordable group rate, and they were really friendly. However, As soon as I walked off the elevator there was a strong moldy odor throughout the halls. The sheets on the bed were old and dirty looking, the smell in the room was bad too. Pictures can make the room look decent, but I actually only stayed one night. I checked out and stayed somewhere else. DON'T STAY HERE. MUCH BETTER HOTELS in downtown Austin. The location doesn't make up for the poor quality... if you need to save a few bucks stay outside of downtown before you stay here.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ascmb
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times for business over the years. While I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for a romantic weekend getaway, it's fine as a "functional" hotel for business travelers.

Pros: One of the better locations in downtown Austin. You're within reasonable walking distance of South Congress restaurants and trailers and the 4th street entertainment district. As a runner, it's awesome to basically be a staircase away from the Town Lake hike and bike trail. The views aren't bad: capital building on the downtown side and, if you're up high enough, Town Lake on the south side.

The rooms could use updating, but are clean. I had about 35 HD channels on my flat screen. There was a small workspace. Housecleaning did a good job during my 3-night stay.

Cons: I'm reimbursed, but if forced to pay $16 a night for parking out of my pocket, would stay at a different hotel. The wi fi is $10 bucks a night with poor coverage. They do have a computer downstairs behind the concierge if you need to hop online for a few minutes.

Overall I choose this hotel because of the location, friendly staff, and I get a good night's sleep on their beds.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Very pleasant stay at this hotel. I had a king size sleep number bed that was very comfortable. I walked to everything I needed to do. Great location for convention, dining and the Congress bridge bats.