“Traveling for Business--”

Ranked #39 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Tyler, Texas
“Traveling for Business--”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed overnight at the Radisson Hotel in Austin for a conference. And, although the hotel is close to the major downtown venues, I was not impressed. I decided upon a lakefront room. The view of the lake was nice but the traffic from the street below overpowered any aesthetic value I would have found. It was difficult to sleep. The room itself was par for a room you would find in any moderate hotel. The pool was full of visitors and when I tried to find something to eat, the restaurant was full albeit it was close to 8 PM. I was offered a seat at the bar but declined and rather retreated to the room to order room service, which was the best investment of the day. The chicken specialty sandwich (the exact name I have forgotten) and fries were fabulous as was the guy that delivered the food. One thing to note about this hotel. Parking is $18.00 but wi-fi was free. I valet parked for $25 because I needed help with my luggage. The valet service was good but I did have to wait 40 minutes for my luggage to be delivered to the room. All in all-- not a bad place to stay if you need to be close to downtown. Just expect delays.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Maegan H, Social Media Account Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
jadocz,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our room service. We're sorry that crowds deterred you from checking out chavez restaurant and our pool. We apologize for the street noise you experienced, as we know how important a good night's rest is when you're traveling for business.

We hope that we'll see you again next time business bring you to Austin.

Radisson Austin Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Katsushika-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed in the King Suites room for 4 night. The location was very convenient. There were many restaurants and groceries aroud the hotel. There was the Starbucks Coffee shop on the first floor.But I stayed in the King Suiets, I could use the VIP lounge on the 12 floor, and I could drink the coffee of the Starbucks and eat light meal like bread, fruit and yoghurt.The staffs were very friendly with smile. The room was very spacious and well cleaned. Room amenities were enough. There were coffee maker, microwave oven, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, security box, slippers, bathrobe, bath goods, and so on. Every morning the newspapers were delivered. Only one minus point was the room cleaning time. I had a terrible jet lag and went to take a rest around 15:30, it wasn't finished. So I had to wait at the VIP lounge. But my stay was very nice!

1 Thank Masami0522
Maegan H, Social Media Account Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Masami0522,

Thank you for your review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay in on of our Executive Club Level rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to Austin!

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night for business. Certainly way less "cool" and glamorous vs. some alternatives in town, but way less expensive as well.

The location is actually very good, you would be right in front of the river, where there is the bridge with the famous bats. If you like to walk or run, there are paths just below the hotel.

They gave me a free breakfast at Starbucks, which was nice. The room was just ok, and somewhat tired. But not feeling dirty or something. The bed was fine.

If I was to go again on my own, I would certainly consider this. For business, I would probably look for something else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Maegan H, Social Media Account Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Latakia,

Thank you for your review. We're very happy that your enjoyed our location and found our hotel to be a good value.

We have several updates planned for the hotel, including a renovation of our one-bedroom suites scheduled for Winter 2014/2015. We hope that you'll stay with us next time you're in Austin so that you can check out our new look! We think you'll find us "cool and glamorous."

Portoroz, Slovenia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed there with my co-workers for a conference. We expected much more, specially based on a price range of this hotel.

Rooms are dated and would definitely need serious renovation (if they intent to keep charging prices in this range). When we came into our room we found a hole in the wall (they even wanted to charge us for that), wallpapers are old and damaged, materials in general are very low quality, our bedding was dirty, there was a terrible smell on the hallway, ...

Expected much much more from this hotel. This was my first stay in Radisson in general. I will avoid staying in this chain entirely and I'll definitely stay far away from this hotel when in Austin.

There are many hotels that offer more for same or even lower price. Make yourself a favour and don't stay here.

1 Thank slashrsm
Maegan H, Social Media Account Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
slashrsm,

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and did not find our hotel to be a good value. We will pass your feedback on to hotel management.

We have a renovation of our one-bedroom suites scheduled for Winter 2014/2015. We hope you will reconsider staying with us, and Radisson hotels in general, in the future.

If you would like to further discuss your stay, please do not hesitate to contact hotel management.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Yes, you can probably find swankier in downtown Austin, but this is the place for me. The Radisson has the best location right on Town Lake so bring your bike and paddleboard. The entire staff is cool, helpful, laid back and just nice young folk who want you to have a good time. Great to see such a positive and engaging attitude. Since I was here a year ago, they have finished the work on the pool area and the new restaurant, and its great. The rooms still need to be updated but they are fine, and there was no issue getting a small fridge and microwave. Just leave your fan on auto and you don't hear a peep from the hall or anywhere. Excellent stay and will be back for sure.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the Lake.
Bruce,

Thank you so much for your glowing review! It really means a lot to us to hear positive feedback from return guests like yourself. We're so happy that you're pleased with our recent updates and that you think our staff is cool.

We have a renovation of our one-bedroom suites scheduled for Winter 2014/2015.

We look forward to your next visit! Until then, we invite you to follow us on Facebook (/RadissonAustin) and Twitter (@RadissonAustin) for updates about the hotel, as well as Austin area event and activities.

Happy travels and thanks again,
New Market, Maryland
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Best location, rooms look and feel like a motel 8. They were the only rooms available. We stayed at the Four Seasons the night before so there's no comparison. Lobby and restaurant Chavez were nice, the rooms not so much!

• Stayed June 2014
Maegan H, Social Media Account Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your review. While we are happy to hear that you loved our location, lobby, and chavez, we're sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room.

We realize that some of our rooms are dated and we have a renovation scheduled for Winter 2014/2015. We hope that you'll come back and stay with us again so that you can check out our new look.

Kerrville, TX
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place's clear advantage is it's location. We came to Austin for one night on a spur of the moment and booked by phone with no problem. However, a king room on the river side was $300 per night. Okay, it's down town, looking over the lakes, but the room looks average, the furniture is dated, the carpet seems old. With the local taxes and one night of valet parking the total for one night was $374. I think next time I'll look around or try the Hyatt across the river for that kind of money.

Room Tip: Save money, face the city not the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TexasLavendarLovers,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We're sorry that you didn't find our hotel to be a good value. We realize that some of our rooms are dated and we have a renovation of our one-bedroom suites scheduled for Winter 2014/2015. However, given our excellent location, friendly staff, and recently renovated common areas, we feel that our rooms are competitively priced.

As you enjoyed our location and view, perhaps you will consider staying with us again next time you are in Austin. We would welcome the opportunity to leave you with a better impression!