“Not the Best for a Crown Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #27 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Not the Best for a Crown Plaza”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed here for a large conference. The room was clean and very comfortable. The rest of the public areas were also clean and well maintained.

A couple of issues: The wifi was very slow. I kept getting dropped from the interrnet. In the morning, the shower was barely warm. The food at the banquet was very good, but the continental breakfast with the coffee was removes by 8:45. It may have been an issue with the conference sponsor, but their schedule said it was supposed to go until 10:30. Also, the evening Welcome Buffet for the conference ran out of many of the appitizers befora everyone went through the line. (That may also have been due to the Conference Sponsor iunderstating the count or the first people through over-eating.)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I have asked my Food & Beverage Manager to look into your concerns with the food service. I can assure you that we will follow up on them. I would also like to apologize for the shower and wi-fi issues. We have recently upgraded our wi-fi and I have not had any issues with it. I do hope you contacted my staff with your concerns. They are excellent at solving these types of issues. I trust you will have a much better opinion of us during your next stay. If I can be of any direct assistance during your next stay please feel free to contact me.

Randy Brunnemann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel from Feb 22-Feb 24th. The service we got all around was great. Room was comfortable and affordable and super nice! Tamara in the Grille was AWESOME! Always made sure the coffee pot was full and went over and above with her service! Coming back in a couple of months with my husband!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will make sure I post your comments for all our associates to see and I'll make sure Tamara gets a copy. I am always pleased wihen our associates provide AWESOME service. We all look forward to your return. If there is anything I can do when you're next here please feel free to pick up a hotel phone and ask for me. I look forward to meeting you.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at this Crowne Plaza for my Austin Livestrong Marathon with my fiancé and our friend. The hotel was very accommodating and let us have a late check out time at 1pm. Gave us time to take a quick nap and clean up before going back home. The room is very clean and spacious. I loved that they have a couple of power strip for all of our devices to charge instead of a few outlets.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Our staff strives to continually provide the very best service to all our hotel and I appreciate them being recognized. I hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza during your visits to Austin. Thank you again, We hope to see you again soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I recently planned another banquet meeting for about 50 people at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Austin. The staff from Elynna, Jasmine and Miquel were supper to work with and very much concerned with attention to detail. The food was excellent and all my requests for assistance, room layout, timing of meal and service was exactly as I requested.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
I appreciate your kind words and review of our hotel. Our meetings staff will be happy to hear their efforts are being noticed. I hope you will consider our hotel for any future meetings.. We hope to serve you again very soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Tamara in the restaurant went above and beyond. By far the best service from any hotel even the top one's. the entire hotel staff was wonderful but she knows the meaning of customer service. I have been in and out of this hotel for the last three weeks and it the other hotels have a lot to learn and live up to. Thank you Tamara !

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I will make sure I pass it on to Tamara and will post for all our associates to see. We continually strive to ensure we provide the best possible guest service to all our guests and I am always pleased when our associates are recognized for their efforts. We hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel whenever you visit Austin..

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel during training for my job. From the very first day I stayed at this hotel until the last, this hotel provided me with excellent customer service. I always checked in and checked out quickly. Breakfast was great. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I always received phone calls to see if there was anything that I needed. If I did need anything, Kevin made sure that I got it. He is such a very nice and helpful person and tends to go above and beyond to make sure that you are happy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for your review and your kind words. I will make sure Kevin gets a copy and will post your review for all the staff to see. Providing excellent guest service is something Kevin does very well. I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza hotel whenever you happen to be in Austin. Thank you.

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the Code Enforcement Association Confrence. When we arrived we were greeted by Roy. He was very helpful and friendly. He also provided us with information about things to do in Austin. Checking in was easy & fast. Timothy (Tim) was very pleasant and was great! I asked him about access to the 7th floor since were prioprity members. The breakfast on the 7th floor was great. There we met Ms. Wanda. She was a very cheerful lady and we enjoyed her. The food served at our confrence was excellent! The wait staff was very nice and friendly. We did have trouble with our A/C unit, but within minutes Eddie came to the rescue! He took care of the problem. Our stay here was excellent!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you had a successful and pleasant stay with us. Roy, Tim, Wanda, and Eddie are among the very best of our associates and I'm happy to know they provided you the outstanding service we aspire to with every guest. I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin each time you're in Austin.