“Recommend this hotel!”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #20 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I attended a conference at the hotel 3/26 - 3/28. This is a full service hotel. Room was large and comfortable. Ate breakfast in the restuarant. I chose to order Migas off the menu instead of the buffet. It was delicious and more than I could eat. Very reasonably priced at $9.00. Ate dinner in the bar area, prices for drinks and dinner were also reasonable. Only disappointment was that I arrived at 12:30 to check in and no rooms were ready at that time. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed here for 10 days during SXSW 2013 and I had a great experience from the moment I walked in Roy and his crew took great care of me, Serissa was top notch as was Tim at the front desk. The entire staff is on point here. The rooms are nice and clean, shuttle pick up from and to the airport. Room service is awesome too! I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor.
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Rachel was a server in the hotel. My friends and I ate Saturday and Sunday. She was very pleasant and served my party of 5 with a smile each day. I love that she remembered names as she was serving us. Even though it was a crowd at breakfast, she made sure that we had everything we needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to Rachel and the entire restaurant staff. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Hotel when you are in Austin.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We booked our hotel room very last minute and were informed that the hotel had overbooked when we arrived. However, the crowne plaza upgraded us to an executive suite to accommodating us. The first night, we went to the bar and were served by a very friendly server named Monica. She was extremely kind, fun, and her recommendations were spot on. We had so much fun the first night, we had to stop at the bar again the second night and were glad to see Monica behind the bar once again. Another night of fun ensued and it made me so happy that people like Monica work for the crowne plaza. She single-handedly made our trip one to remember. We will certainly be staying at this hotel next time we're in Austin and I hope someone as great as Monica is behind the bar!

• Stayed: March 2013

I appreciate you kind review and your praise of Monica. She continually strives to provide the very best of service to all our guests. I will make sure I pass on your comments to her. Thank you very much for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel. We hope you will visit us again the next time you're in Austin.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Our bartender Monica, made a great impression on myself and the whole group I was traveling with this past few days. She was extremely kind, helpful and her attitude and knowledge of the job far exceeded that of expectations. If I am in the are again, I will be staying at this hotel, and grabbing a drink at the bar from Monica.

• Stayed: March 2013
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding Monica and the service she provided you during your stay with us. Your review will be posted where Monica and all our staff will have the chance to read it. I appreciate that Monica was able meet all your expectations and I trust our entire staff did also. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza, whenever you are in Austin. Thank you again. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Love the sheets and pillow cases. I sleep well here, when there aren't kids partying here on the weekends. They seemed to make an effort when people spoke up about them being loud, but still I think large groups come here on the weekends. Maybe call ahead and ask if they have a band/college trip/dance group scheduled the weekend you want to go.

Staff is VERY nice. I needed something I'd forgotten to pack, and since I was woken up at 3:30am by the kids I went down and asked the front desk. Yolanda was perfectly helpful, and at 3:30 in the morning!!!

Love the large, clean, in the sun with the beautiful large tree close by Pool and Jacuzzi! It's so nice. Did I mention, I love the outdoor pool and jacuzzi! Also, delicous chocolate cake in the hotel bar downstairs. Chocolate mousse cake prepared by Monica at the bar who was of course nice, as all the staff I've met here are.

I'd recommend it for a fun trip on the weekend, but only during the week for business.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fridges, ask!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I promise you, that upon your next visit, we will have a solid handle on the kids and the commotion you experienced. I am pleased that you enjoyed most other aspects of your stay with us. We hope you continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Hotel and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Not only were the rooms very nice and clean but the staff was amazing. Starting from the check in to checking out. I want to commend the following staff, Marquise, Armando, Dora and Yolanda. They all treated me so well and took care of all our needs. I wish I had gotten the names of the wait staff in the restaurant as they were great as well. I want to thank you for making my 3 day stay so enjoyable. God Bless You All!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for you great review of our hotel and our associates. I never get tired of hearing about our associates who provide outstanding guest service to all our guests and visitors. I will post your review for the rest of the staff to see and will make sure each of the people you mentioned has a copy. We all hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza, for business or pleasure, when you're in the Austin area. See you again soon!