“Good service”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #18 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The quality and amenities of this hotel are what you would expect. However, the staff provided excellent service. Shuttle driver Rudy picked us up at he airport and not only delivered us to the hotel but went out of his way every time he saw us to make sure we were having a good stay. My wife and I wanted to watch the Women's US Open but the lounge wasn't open at that hour. Miguel opened the lounge, turned on the TV, and made sure a server from the adjacent restaurant came over to take our lunch and drink order.
Really everyone on staff provided very good service, always with a smile. They made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. I'm pleased to know your stay with us was enjoyable and that Rudy and Miguel provided memorable service. They are both excellent associates. I will pass your praise on to both of them. I hope you will choose us again whenever you are visiting Austin.

Randy Brunnemann

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in the Austin Crowne Plaza for a month while on business in Austin. Best thing about this hotel is by far the staff who are all very professional while also being friendly and well humoured staff, especially Devon and Augie in the Crossroad Grille, I could have chatted with them all day.
Overall the hotel is slightly older than many hotels but it's clean, well maintained and comfortable none the less. Location is ideal for both getting in and out of town, should anybody be doing business on the north side of Austin (eg Samsung)

Room Tip: Staff will gladly provide the best room possible if asked.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kieran H

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased the Devon and Augie were so engaging. They typically provide excellent service and excellent conversation as well. I will pass on your thoughts to them and the rest of our staff. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Rooms are well maintained. And Service is also Good.
Reception people are very friendly.
Cab driver is very helpful.
If they can provide complimentary breakfast then it will be an added advantage.
Overall this hotel is recommended for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms are very good and Service is also Good. If they can provide complimentary breakfast then it wi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. I am very pleased we were able to meet your expectations and I hope you return often. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a first class hotel. I travel to Austin on business frequently and switched to this hotel two years ago. I will not stay anywhere else now. The front desk personnel are very helpful. The executive suite floor is luxurious and has a private lounge. When you return from dinner, you will find the staff has turned down your bed, placed chocolates, and filled your ice bucket! The breakfast is better than any restaurant. Oscar will cook your omelet the way you want it every time. Tamara is the best waitress, she takes care of her table, very friendly, always smiles, gets to know her customers, and she remembers what you like when you return. Tamara lights up the restaurant with her great service! The lounge downstairs is very nice, the food is good and reasonably priced. The lounge provides great service.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad experience here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for your kind words about members of our staff. All those you mentioned (Oscar, Tamara, etc.) strive very hard each day to provide the best possible service to all our hotel guests and I am always pleased when their efforts are noticed. We hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza whenever you are in Austin. We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

During my last trip to Austin I stayed at the Crown Plaza Austin. I wasn't sure if there was a dead fish in the hallway or not. The room air freshener was so powerful you could taste it.

Staff is nice but the dirty run down smelly hallways and rooms overwhelmed everything else for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations for all our hotel guests and your comments are very important to us. We apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent stay.. Kindly be assured that we will treat this matter seriously. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you a more positive stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed several times at your Hotel and will continue to do so because the staff are very friendly. I must say that your shuttle driver staff are great. Paul, Leo, Lee, JD and the others provide quality service, making you want to return. They greeted me every day with a smile and some kind words. In short, they are professional, polite and witty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel and staff. Those staff members you mentioned, Paul, Leo, Lee, and JD strive very hard to provide excellent guest service and I'm pleased they were able to make your stay successful. I will pass on your comments to them, as well as the rest of our hotel staff. We all look forward to your quick return. Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was a great location within walking distance to several restaurants and shopping. It was very clean and comfortable and the staff went out of their way to make it a great experience. I would especially like to recognize Mr. Kenneth Topps who was so helpful and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very pleased you received such great service from Kenneth. He is an excellent associate who works very hard at providing guest satisfaction. I will pass on your comment to Ken and I will post your review for all our associates to review. Thank you again. We hope to see you again soon!