“Rooms were very nice”

Barrie ON
“Rooms were very nice”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Went for a 3 day business conference
The rooms were clean and well appointed but I didn't spend any time in it.
The staff were helpful in trying to track my lost luggage and all were very polite and pleasant.
They directed me to local shopping to replace my clothes & toiletries and suggested where I could find the best prices.
However if you want to go downtown it is a $35-$40 cab ride each way and the shuttle from the airport took an hour to make it.
My only issue was with the conference room that smelled musty and caused my alergies to go crazy. I was so stuffed up that even with antihistamines and decongestants I could not pop my ears on the plane and it took 10 days to get over it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Stamford
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed two nigths and found the hotel in good shape and the rooms were a standard room. I got one with two beds instead of a king but the hotel didn't seem packed to me so I wondered why I couldn't get the room I preferred. Check in was easy but they gave me the wrong information on what time they stopped serving food in lobby. Room service takes about 35 minutes so don't wait till it is to late to order. There are local resturants and shopping near by and the hotel is a conference facility but I didn't come for a conference. There is a Starbucks in the lobby to grad a quick breakfast and getting a taix is easy.

Room Tip: Make sure you taxi driver know where you are going before getting into the taxi. My driver couldn...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed here with my best friend for her bachelorette party and I loved everything. Everyone who worked at the hotel was so nice and friendly. I will definately stay there IF I ever do go back to Austin. The hotel was also super close to Target, The Cheesecake Factory and Panera Bread.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and I never heard noises from outside or the lobby area.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JCKrystal
austin
Reviewed 6 May 2012

we had a wonderful stay in this nice hotel. The hotel staff was very, very nice and attentive to our needs. Everyone was very friendly. The room was really nice, the bed and bedding was extremely comfortable, and the view was spectacular. Our room service breakfast was perfect, on time, and absolutely delicious.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank penford
Dallas texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Like other reviewers, this was the default to staying downtown-glad the downtown hotels were full! Pleasantly surprised, although the valet/bellmen were less than enthusiastic to be helpful with parking, moving bags. Also, there is very adequate FREE parking, so you really don't need them anyway! The rest of the staff was very helpful, the room was very nice. My main complaint would be that since the rooms all open into the main atrium area, it could be VERY noisy. However, the room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and the view spectacular. The cafe had better food than the restaurant-both reasonably priced. I would stay here again, even with the danger of it being noisy.

Room Tip: rooms away from the ballroom and not over the bar area are the best bet for a quiet night
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in two rooms at this property on 3/29/12 and we not impressed at all. The looks of the hotel is nice but what they don't tell you is that with everything being located in the atrium all the noise echoes into the sleeping area. A convention was going on while we were there and it was very loud in our room late into the night. We used the pool and hot tub and I developed swimmers ear. My mom also forgot a couple of swim suites in her room and it took 5 days and several calls to the hotel to finally track it down, it was mislabeled with the wrong room. I would not stay here again when you have a Spring Hill Suites not far away that is in my opinion a much better hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one week (4/16/12 - 4/20/12) for a business conference. The hotel is clean and the staff was very friendly. The bathrooms could use updating, as pink tile went out a log time ago! We used both the indoor and outdoor pool, the sauna and the gym and all were in great shape. Within walking distance to shops and restaurants. I would stay here again for business, but probably not for pleasure.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business