“Excellent Room, Beautiful Decor, Incredible Staff”

Renaissance Austin Hotel
Ranked #59 of 200 Hotels in Austin
“Excellent Room, Beautiful Decor, Incredible Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel about a month ago. My wife and I could not be more pleased. Not only was the hotel recently remodeled, the room was beautiful. On top of that, the staff could not be more helpful. They bent over backwards to make our stay as enjoyable and convenient as possible. Thank you. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room that looks over the interior atrium. It can be very noisy, especially if the ho...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay at our hotel! We also truly love the new look and feel of our guest rooms and so happy that you enjoyed it as well. Our team is exceptional and are very focused of providing each of our guests with a unique and memorable experience. I am delighted to get to share your comments with our entire team. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

All the best, Rob G.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Rotonda West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

First time staying at a Renaissance and really loved it. The rooms are classy and very comfortable. Stayed for 2 nights and had wonderful service. The hotel is a little hard to find but worth it. One of our nights was free so we were able to justify the cost because it is pricey. The only problem I have is they charge for Wifi which is completely ridiculous. As inexpensive as Wifi is, every hotel should offer it free of charge. I don't understand why the already expensive hotels are holding out on this charge. All the lower priced hotels offer Wifi for free and the are attracting the business travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daustwick
I appreciate the time you took to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We have an excellent team who really enjoy providing each and every one of guests with a unique and delightful experience while staying with us. We are very fortunate to be located in the beautiful Hill Country in this great city! We hope that when your future travel plans include Austin, that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

Kind regards, Rob G.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I just returned from a business stay at the Renaissance. We had hoped to stay downtown, closer to our meeting, but a citywide convention prevented that. Needless to say, the Renaissance met all of my expectations for a full service hotel that is not located in the downtown Austin area.

The area around the Renaissance, the Arboretum, is a collection of shopping centers, many in walking distance from the hotel. In fact, I chose to eat breakfast one morning at a Corner Bakery Cafe that is almost in the Renaissance parking lot. This if very convenient for meals, shopping, or just taking a walk.

The Renaissance itself is a large, atrium hotel with rooms on all four sides. The atrium area is used for special events, but I never hear much noise from my room (which faced the atrium on the third floor). As a full service hotel, it has all the amenities you want, even if not all of them are free as you would find in a non-full service property.

I stayed in a king room on the third floor facing the atrium. The room was mostly clean (a little dirt on the carpet and a slight mold problem in the corner of the shower), and very quiet. Oddly, the room had a balcony into the atrium that was shared with the room next door, with no divider. This made me a little uncomfortable that is someone wanted to they could really bother their neighbor. These balconies exist in very few rooms. If that is a concern for you, ask for an outside room.

My room had one other odd feature. There was no tub, just a shower stall without a door or shower curtain. This made the floor of the bathroom a little wet when showering, but otherwise did not pose a problem for me (although I guess it could be a problem for multiple people in a room, but this was a king room).

Otherwise, the amenities I did use were great. The staff in all places said hello and were friendly. The fitness center had a good number of machines and was easy to find and use. There is also both an indoor and outdoor pool, but I did not use them.

The next time I am in Austin, I would absolutely consider staying in the Renaissance again, if I couldn't get a room downtown or had business out near the Arboretum.

Room Tip: The elevators are very quite, but if you want to avoid foot traffic, ask for a room that is far away...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dctravel
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
I am delighted to read that your recent stay at our hotel was a great one! We very much enjoy our beautiful location in the Hill Country of Austin and love that our guests have easy access to shopping, food and jogging trails that are all within walking distance of the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and I will definitely be sure to share your comments regarding the carpet & shower in your guest room with the appropriate department Manager so they can take corrective action for our future guests. We truly hope that the next time your travel plans bring you to Austin that we will once again have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

Safe travels, Rob G.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel in general is ok. Nice and clean room. But the cost is ridiculous. When I realized that my colleague has a different rate I asked if I can get the same. The way it was handled was unbelievable unfriendly.
Wifi is 16USD and it was so slow , almost unusable. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank thegoatdriver
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was anything short of excellent. I will certainly share your comments with my team so that your concerns can be addressed. Taking care of our guests is always our #1 priority and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I do hope that if your future travel plans include Austin, that we will once again have an opportunity to welcome you back and to serve you in the spirit of true Renaissance hospitality.

Kind regards, Rob G.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My son and I spent one night at the hotel while in Austin touring colleges. I had an eye emergency earlier in the day, so when we arrived I was very stressed. The valet asked how we were, and I replied that I was not having a good day. He was very nice. When we checked in at the front desk, Nathan was, without a doubt, the best front desk person I've ever encountered.

We checked into our room, which was nicely updated and had a hip vibe. We went to dinner, and when we returned the valet had sent up a wonderful fruit tray with a kind note. (see photo) It was so unexpected and thoughtful. I was very impressed by this gesture.

Check out was easy, and we really enjoyed our stay. The beds were super comfy, the bathroom had nice amenities such as a tube of toothpaste, and Aveda hair products. We pre-ordered room service, which arrived right on time in the morning. Everything was great!

I highly recommend this wonderful hotel. It's in a great location with lots of shopping and restaurants in the walk to vicinity.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasTandE
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel! It is always rewarding as the General Manager to hear comments such as yours and I truly hope you are feeling better now. Nathan at our Front Desk as well as Joel in our Valet are both wonderful assets to our team! We are very grateful to have them as they both have a genuine sense of urgency and care for each of our guests. I very much appreciate your feedback and the time you took to share your experience with us. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Austin and the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We loved this hotel, it was classy, beautifully designed and appointed, the room we chose was a club level one, it was great, spacious and we loved the breakfast, cocktail hour and dessert hour in the club. The best thing about this hotel was the location, you are literally yards from the best shopping retail and restaurants in Austin. Loved it.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the club level you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments from your recent stay at our hotel! As the General Manager of this beautiful hotel it is always rewarding to hear our guests experiences. The Club Floor is a great floor not only for the access to the private Lounge but also for the amazing views of the Hill Country. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your stay and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff is very responsive. The newly remodeled ballrooms and guest rooms are fabulous. Once the lobby has been remodeled, it will be even better. Great location, near shopping and restaurants.Our conference went well and was a success, in part due to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our new guest rooms & our new ballroom during your recent conference at our hotel! We too are really thrilled with how everything turned out. We still have more changes coming very soon to our outdoor deck, restaurant and bar that I'm sure once it's completed you will very much enjoy! Our team is really excited about these new projects and we can't wait to see the final product. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to talk about your stay at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Austin and the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!