“Very nice hotel, excellent amenities”

Renaissance Austin Hotel
Ranked #55 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Plano, Texas
“Very nice hotel, excellent amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a UT football weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is lovely. We used the gym two mornings and it was very well equipped. I was pleased with the cleanliness. The indoor pool area was nice as well. Our room was nice and quiet, faced the outside. There is a free parking garage adjacent to the hotel, so your car can stay out of the Texas heat. There are lot of good and shopping nearby. We have stayed in many hotels in Austin and this is a new favorite. Although it is a 20-30 minute drive to UT or downtown, we will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to utilize so many of our amenities and services during your recent stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will definitely share your complimentary comments with our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Austin and the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

All the best, Rob G.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I liked this hotel. It has a nice lobby and great updated rooms.I was on the concierge floor and the room was modern and clean. There are certain rooms that face into the lobby and others that face outside the property. The staff was very friendly. The parking is free and spacious. You can also valet. The hotel is very close to many restaurants and shopping. The bar area is nice and the staff is friendly. The workout room is spacious and updated equipment. They have both an indoor and outdoor pool. Would be good for families.

Room Tip: There are about 10 rooms on each floor that face the open lobby area. These are quiet and don't...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking to time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel! I'm delighted to read that you had an opportunity to utilize our amenites as well as take advantage of the shopping and dining that is all within walking distance of our hotel. I'm also glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We are very excited to showcase them and all the other amazing transformations that have recently taken place in our beautiful hotel. There is still more to come which will only enhance our guests experience even more! We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Safe travels, Rob G.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a luxury, high rise, convention hotel located NW of Austin. It's about 30 minutes from downtown and about a $50 cab ride from there. We were warmly greeted upon arrival and the five star attention to detail carried through our entire stay. The front doormen, check-in clerks, the waiters and bartenders, the spa area personnel, maintenance people, and our room attendants were exceptional.

The hotel has been recently renovated and decorated in earthy colored fabrics and building materials with a contemporary design.

With 1400 attending a convention while we were there, we had no trouble making ourselves at home in the common areas. We literally had the 2 very large inside and outside pools to ourselves along with the sauna, hot tub and workout room. The shower/bathroom areas were well equipped with lockers and there were green apples on the table for our enjoyment after an afternoon on pampering ourselves after a long day outside exploring the area.

There's a town center within walking distance with Chico's for the ladies, a GAP and numerous other apparel shops and decorating retailers. We enjoyed nights out at Brio for Italian, Cheesecake Factory, and The Corner Cafe for breakfast every morning. They were happy to accommodate egg white farmer's omelette and other special requests. The food is good and reasonably priced.

Within 3 blks is Manuel's Mexican restaurant that was exceptional, Newk's with good black bean soup and huge salads, and a Starbucks.

Our room had a King bed that was one of the most comfy we've ever slept on. The room was large and well equipped, however NO WIFI. Use your WIFI from the common area free in the lobby.

We didn't eat in the Bistro but bought muffins, coffee and fruit from the @ustinbytes cafe in the lobby. Standard fare for lobby snack bars.

We highly recommend this hotel. A relaxing vacation for us.

Room Tip: Get an outside room on an upper level. We stayed on 8th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila6851
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
I truly appreciate your complimentary compliments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and the service you received! We are very fortunate to be located is such a beautiful area of the Austin Hill Country and to be so close to so many shops as well as restaurants all within walking distance. I am delighted to hear that your stay was a relaxing one and that you also enjoyed our new bedding in the guest rooms. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I will definitely share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I attended a conference held at this hotel and stayed for three nights. The initial impression was dazzling; beautiful, modern lobby and spacious, immaculate rooms. The staff couldn't be friendlier and more helpful. However, I had a major problem with the bed, which felt like a slab of concrete. I didn't get a decent night's sleep the whole time I stayed there. The room did not have a mini refrigerator, which ordinarily wouldn't have been a problem, except the breakfasts provided for the conference consisted of fresh fruit (good!) and pastries (not good!). Since I'm a healthy eater, I went to the kiosk looking for yogurt - the only kind sold had high fructose corn syrup, which I do not eat. If I had a fridge, I would have picked up some Greek yogurts. The other inconvenience, admittedly minor, is that there were no drawers in the room. The night tables had ample shelves for my clothes, but I would have preferred drawers that could close. If you like a hard bed and don't care about these little issues, and don't mind being a half-hour bus ride into the town if you don't have your own wheels, it's a great place. There are plenty of restaurants and shops around the hotel, and there is a nice little gym.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lmft414
I'm delighted to hear that our staff made you feel welcome during your recent stay at our hotel! We hope that you enjoyed the conference that you were attending during your visit. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our new bedding in the guest rooms and were unable to rest comfortably. We are currently addressing the lack of drawer space in the new rooms and are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. I appreciate you letting us know about your stay as well as the time you took to share your experience. When your travel plans include Austin in the future, we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel.

Kind regards, Rob G.
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is located approximately 15 minutes away from downtown Austin by car. Friendly service with comfortable beds. Some rooms face into the atrium so if this is not satisfactory ask for a room facing outside. We stayed here on points and were well satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
I am delighted to read that your recent stay with your family at our hotel was a great one! It is always rewarding to hear feedback from our guests on their experience while staying with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We hope that the next time your travel plans bring you back to Austin, that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back!

Safe travels, Rob G.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel about a month ago. My wife and I could not be more pleased. Not only was the hotel recently remodeled, the room was beautiful. On top of that, the staff could not be more helpful. They bent over backwards to make our stay as enjoyable and convenient as possible. Thank you. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room that looks over the interior atrium. It can be very noisy, especially if the ho...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay at our hotel! We also truly love the new look and feel of our guest rooms and so happy that you enjoyed it as well. Our team is exceptional and are very focused of providing each of our guests with a unique and memorable experience. I am delighted to get to share your comments with our entire team. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Rotonda West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

First time staying at a Renaissance and really loved it. The rooms are classy and very comfortable. Stayed for 2 nights and had wonderful service. The hotel is a little hard to find but worth it. One of our nights was free so we were able to justify the cost because it is pricey. The only problem I have is they charge for Wifi which is completely ridiculous. As inexpensive as Wifi is, every hotel should offer it free of charge. I don't understand why the already expensive hotels are holding out on this charge. All the lower priced hotels offer Wifi for free and the are attracting the business travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daustwick
I appreciate the time you took to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We have an excellent team who really enjoy providing each and every one of guests with a unique and delightful experience while staying with us. We are very fortunate to be located in the beautiful Hill Country in this great city! We hope that when your future travel plans include Austin, that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

Kind regards, Rob G.