“eat, shop, eat, shop, eat, shop, repeat”

Renaissance Austin Hotel
Ranked #42 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It is hard to imagine a national/regional store or restaurant that is more than one half mile from this central northwest Austin location. With two options to access the surrounding freeways, if there is one you can expect to get there and back relatively quickly.
The rooms have recently been redone and reflect a sophisticated western vibe. Did I mention how quiet the bathroom plumbing is? The individually controlled room heat/ac unit runs continuously so there is not that on/off constant cycling which contributes to an unpleasant environment.
Housekeeping could use a good kick. The first time I got off the elevator on the 8th floor I noticed the carpet was both soiled and had visible items that a vacuum could cure. I left after four days and still that area had not been attended. Shame on a hotel of this caliber.

Room Tip: I would always prefer an outside view but you do have a choice of an interior atrium exposure.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel! We are very fortunate to be located in the beautiful Austin Hill Country next to several shops and dining options all within walking distance. Our team is really excited about the decor of the new rooms and are so glad that you enjoyed them as well. Thank you for bringing the cooridor carpet issue to my attention. I will certainly share this with the appropriate departmental leader so that is corrected. Thank you so much for your comments and the time you took to share your experience with us. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Austin and the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I were in town for a surgery my wife was having at a nearby facility. We checked in later than expected and my wife and I were both exhausted and starving from being at the hospital all day. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. They asked us
Why we were in town and offered up some great suggestions for a late night dinner and some things to do in the area. When we got to the room we didn't realize that they had given us a double. My wife called the front desk and asked if they had a king available. They said yes but it would be an additional $20. By the time we got downstairs, one of the ladies who checked us in had a key for us and gave us a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. I'm guessing it was due to the fact that we told them about my wifes surgery and how exhausted we both were. The room was great, it had a sitting area with a flat screen tv and another flat screen in front of the bed. We didn't get a chance to eat at the on site restaurant or use any of the other facilities due to our short stay. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel for anyone on a short or extended stay.

Also, forgot to mention about they many restaurants within walking distance or short drive from this hotel. Great location!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am delighted to hear that our staff provided you with a quality experience. I hope that your wife is doing much better and is recovering nicely. We do hope that when your travel plans bring you back to Austin that we will once again have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Nothing special. The sheets were new and fluffy and nice, about the nicest thing in the hotel. Loved the LED glow balls in the front of the hotel. Conference food quality was acceptable but nothing special. The cookies (as they always seem to be at these conferences) were awesome.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed the new LED globe lights that we recently set out in our planter area. We think it adds a nice touch to our guests arrival. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding as well during your stay with us! I am sorry to hear that you left without a wonderful and memorable experience and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future so that we may have the chance to serve you in true Renaissance hospitality.

Safe travels, Rob G.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a UT football weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is lovely. We used the gym two mornings and it was very well equipped. I was pleased with the cleanliness. The indoor pool area was nice as well. Our room was nice and quiet, faced the outside. There is a free parking garage adjacent to the hotel, so your car can stay out of the Texas heat. There are lot of good and shopping nearby. We have stayed in many hotels in Austin and this is a new favorite. Although it is a 20-30 minute drive to UT or downtown, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to utilize so many of our amenities and services during your recent stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will definitely share your complimentary comments with our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Austin and the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I liked this hotel. It has a nice lobby and great updated rooms.I was on the concierge floor and the room was modern and clean. There are certain rooms that face into the lobby and others that face outside the property. The staff was very friendly. The parking is free and spacious. You can also valet. The hotel is very close to many restaurants and shopping. The bar area is nice and the staff is friendly. The workout room is spacious and updated equipment. They have both an indoor and outdoor pool. Would be good for families.

Room Tip: There are about 10 rooms on each floor that face the open lobby area. These are quiet and don't...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking to time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel! I'm delighted to read that you had an opportunity to utilize our amenites as well as take advantage of the shopping and dining that is all within walking distance of our hotel. I'm also glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We are very excited to showcase them and all the other amazing transformations that have recently taken place in our beautiful hotel. There is still more to come which will only enhance our guests experience even more! We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Safe travels, Rob G.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a luxury, high rise, convention hotel located NW of Austin. It's about 30 minutes from downtown and about a $50 cab ride from there. We were warmly greeted upon arrival and the five star attention to detail carried through our entire stay. The front doormen, check-in clerks, the waiters and bartenders, the spa area personnel, maintenance people, and our room attendants were exceptional.

The hotel has been recently renovated and decorated in earthy colored fabrics and building materials with a contemporary design.

With 1400 attending a convention while we were there, we had no trouble making ourselves at home in the common areas. We literally had the 2 very large inside and outside pools to ourselves along with the sauna, hot tub and workout room. The shower/bathroom areas were well equipped with lockers and there were green apples on the table for our enjoyment after an afternoon on pampering ourselves after a long day outside exploring the area.

There's a town center within walking distance with Chico's for the ladies, a GAP and numerous other apparel shops and decorating retailers. We enjoyed nights out at Brio for Italian, Cheesecake Factory, and The Corner Cafe for breakfast every morning. They were happy to accommodate egg white farmer's omelette and other special requests. The food is good and reasonably priced.

Within 3 blks is Manuel's Mexican restaurant that was exceptional, Newk's with good black bean soup and huge salads, and a Starbucks.

Our room had a King bed that was one of the most comfy we've ever slept on. The room was large and well equipped, however NO WIFI. Use your WIFI from the common area free in the lobby.

We didn't eat in the Bistro but bought muffins, coffee and fruit from the @ustinbytes cafe in the lobby. Standard fare for lobby snack bars.

We highly recommend this hotel. A relaxing vacation for us.

Room Tip: Get an outside room on an upper level. We stayed on 8th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila6851
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I truly appreciate your complimentary compliments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and the service you received! We are very fortunate to be located is such a beautiful area of the Austin Hill Country and to be so close to so many shops as well as restaurants all within walking distance. I am delighted to hear that your stay was a relaxing one and that you also enjoyed our new bedding in the guest rooms. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I will definitely share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I attended a conference held at this hotel and stayed for three nights. The initial impression was dazzling; beautiful, modern lobby and spacious, immaculate rooms. The staff couldn't be friendlier and more helpful. However, I had a major problem with the bed, which felt like a slab of concrete. I didn't get a decent night's sleep the whole time I stayed there. The room did not have a mini refrigerator, which ordinarily wouldn't have been a problem, except the breakfasts provided for the conference consisted of fresh fruit (good!) and pastries (not good!). Since I'm a healthy eater, I went to the kiosk looking for yogurt - the only kind sold had high fructose corn syrup, which I do not eat. If I had a fridge, I would have picked up some Greek yogurts. The other inconvenience, admittedly minor, is that there were no drawers in the room. The night tables had ample shelves for my clothes, but I would have preferred drawers that could close. If you like a hard bed and don't care about these little issues, and don't mind being a half-hour bus ride into the town if you don't have your own wheels, it's a great place. There are plenty of restaurants and shops around the hotel, and there is a nice little gym.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lmft414

I'm delighted to hear that our staff made you feel welcome during your recent stay at our hotel! We hope that you enjoyed the conference that you were attending during your visit. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our new bedding in the guest rooms and were unable to rest comfortably. We are currently addressing the lack of drawer space in the new rooms and are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. I appreciate you letting us know about your stay as well as the time you took to share your experience. When your travel plans include Austin in the future, we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel.

Kind regards, Rob G.