“What a great weekend! Staff was wonderful!”

Renaissance Austin Hotel
Ranked #53 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We came to Austin after a conference in Dallas for a quick weekend getaway. What a pleasant surprise the hotel was! The décor is beautiful and they upgraded us to a corner apartment suite. While the hotel was very nice, the staff is what set it apart. Gregory Brown went out of his way to make us feel welcome. Anya and Michael at the bar couldn't have been more attentive. Even the chef came out to speak to us when he learned of our love of the Renaissance chain and our previous trips to the Chicago location. A very good experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you so much for recoginizing so many members of our team from your recent stay! We truly have an amazing team who are always looking for ways to provide our guests with a unique experience and provide the best hospitality while staying with us. It is an honor to be the General Manager of this beautiful hotel and to work such a great group of people every day. I will absolutely share your wonderful comments with our entire team so that each person you mentioned can be recognized by their peers for exceeding your expections! I very much appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your visit and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have stayed in many of the Marriott brands, including other Renaissance hotels and this hotel was just average.

The room was clean but the air conditioning couldn't keep the room cool overnight. The sitting area had one light and was too dark to read in there. The beds were extremely hard.

The concierge lounge was set up in temporary quarters and the breakfast was mediocre at best. The coffee sat empty for long periods.

Very early Sunday morning we were awakened by a groundskeeper with a leaf blower doing his thing. Demand a high floor on the back side of the hotel as I'm sure leaf guy does repeat performances daily.

All in all a very average hotel; perhaps even very overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Marriott and Renaissance Hotels! I am disappointed to read that your experience while staying with us was less than exceptional. I very much appreciate your candid feedback as it allows us to address these areas and plans and actions can be put into place so that we are better able to provide our guests with the quality experience they deserve. I will definitely share your comments with the appropriate department leaders so that corrective actions can be implimented immediately. I do hope that if your future travel plans include Austin, that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expections and allow us to serve you in the true spirit of Renaissance hospitality.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Used Marriott rewards certificates for a two night stay at the Renaissance Austin. Check in was fast and easy; we had an upgraded room on the club level.

This is one of the nicest Renaissance hotels I have stayed at, the lobby is beautiful, all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The concierge was especially good, and gave us a really good brunch suggestion.

The room was clean. modern and nicely laid out with one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in.

The location was an easy 15 min drive into downtown Austin, and close to lots of shopping and restaurants in the Arboretum area. This is now my hotel of choice when visiting Austin.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I am delighted to see that we are your choice hotel while staying in Austin! We have an amazing team who is truly dedicated to hospitality and providing our guests with a unique experience while staying with us. Our newly renovated Lobby and guest rooms are really beautiful so I'm happy you enjoyed them as much as we do. I will definitely share your complimentary comments with our entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel the next time your travel plans bring you to Austin!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

In and of itself this is a lovely hotel with enticing bedding and a lovely setting. What makes this hotel stand out is the staff whose customer service skills are 5 star. There was the slender woman who ensured that I and others in our group were served food that did not conflict with various food allergies. The front desk customer service young lady who formerly worked in Orlando who made me feel a valued guest. Room service with a smile and utmost courtesy. It's the people who took this establishment from a 4 to 5 star stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I am so thankful for your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel! The team we have here truly is special and are always looking for ways to take hospitality to the next level. I'm so grateful to get to be the General Manager at this beautiful hotel and to get to work with this amazing team every day. I will definitely share your complimentary comments with our entire staff. I very much appreciate your comments and the time that you took to share your experience while staying with us. Whenever your future travel plans bring you back to Austin, we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here during a conference. The hotel was modern, clean, and beautiful. The room had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. No, really. I took a picture of the tag with my phone so I could try to find the same model online and buy it for home. Sadly, I've so far been unsuccessful. The bathroom was impeccably clean.

The real winners at this place, though, are the staff. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful, even though there were long lines behind me waiting to check in. Unfortunately, the printer in the business center was broken when we were there, but the staff more than made up for this by printing a couple of documents my colleague needed. Definitely A-plus service.

The absolute only fault I could find with this hotel was the awful yellow color of the walls of one of the downstairs meeting rooms. Which is quite a minuscule fault, indeed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We truly have a very special team and I'm so fortunate to get to be the General Manager of this beautiful hotel. The new bedding in all of our guest rooms is extremely comfortable and I'm so glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy it. I will definitely share your complimentary comments with our team! We very much appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests as it helps us grow as well as celebrate the experiences our guests have while visiting us. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a very good hotel. The rooms are pretty standard Renaissance/Marriott and are comfortable and clean. The real star here is, as others note in their reviews, is the service-truly five stars While all hotels are striving for great, friendly service, this one really hits it. Every person we talked with did more than merely meet our needs, but went out of their way to see if they could help us in even more ways- helping us with directions, information, etc. And the room service food was outstanding-simple, fresh and tasty food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize the amazing team that we have here at our beautiful hotel. They definitely go above and beyond to serve our guests so the each one has a unique and memorable experience. I'm honored to get to be the General Manager of this hotel and to be a part of this wonderful group of people. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very nice hotel. It has been redone with a more modern look. Nice location with lots of restaurants and shopping. Still a charge for internet -seems silly to keep doing this. Staff was so very nice. Having a Starbucks on site convenient. Pool and bar areas are great. Free self parking which is a nice feature. Got a rate from Priceline that was extremely good. Enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking hill country
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your complimentary comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel! It's always rewarding to hear from our guests and their experiences while staying with us. I'm delighted to you enjoyed the shopping and dining that is all within walking distance from the hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful team and to be located in the beautiful Austin Hill Country. I really appreciate your feedback and for the time you took to share you visit with us. I hope that when your future travel plans include Austin that we will once again have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel.