Renaissance Austin Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$261
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
US$289
US$224
InterContinental
US$307
US$275
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
W Austin(Austin)
US$379
US$344
  • Restaurant
All reviewscheesecake factorylarge atriumnice hotelarboretum areathe concierge loungeshopping and restaurantsclub levelwithin walking distanceindoor poolroom servicewi fian upgradefire pitbusiness tripfitness centerking bedhotel bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The new lady at the check in desk was amazing. We chatted about her hometown in Vegas and her work experience in Asia. She is very warm and gave us a lot of tips on where to tour and eat etc.. The room we paid to upgrade to was nice. It has a small sitting area with a sleeper sofa and a nice size room with two queen beds. The bathroom was very clean and modern decorated. We had breakfast at the lounge. The continental breakfast was nice. Definitely will visit again when I am back in Austin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Headed to Austin for a weekend wedding. This Hotel was a great spot. Walkable to outside restaurants and shops so no need for a car. There's also a nice restaurant in the Hotel as well as a Starbucks for your a.m. or p.m. caffeine fix. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable.

But the real star of this Hotel is the service. Whether it is speaking with hotel personnel over the phone or being greeted by them as you come and go, they are pleasant, helpful and efficient. No hassle check in- check out; convenient locations in the lobby for printing boarding passes, plentiful taxis to and from the airport or wherever you wish to go.

A quick visit, but a nice one indeed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed for three nights at the Renaissance Austin Hotel, located adjacent to a nice shopping area a few miles outside of Austin. The lobby area of the hotel is nicer than the rooms. My room was good sized but with average furnishings and in need of some updating. The desk staff were courteous but the concierge didn't want to spend any time with me recommending a local restaurant. You need a car if you want to go anywhere from the hotel and there is ample free parking. You can walk to the shopping center but there are no sidewalks and you have to walk in the road.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CarpeNox
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. While I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our lobby, I am disappointed to hear that your room was not up to par. Having just gone through a recent renovation of all of our rooms, we want to make sure they are all updated and still look as new as they did day one. I have shared your feedback regarding the room with the apporpriate department heads so we can continue to improve the look and feel of our rooms to our guests.

I am also delighted to hear about the interactions you had with our Front Desk Ambassadors, and have notified our Front Office Manager about your interaction with our concierge.

Thank you for also sharing your feedback about Banderas, our restaurant. It is great to hear that you had pleasant service with our wait staff. I would like to invite you to come back within the next few months, as we are currently renovating our restaurant and lobby bar. The renovation will include a brand new menu for Banderas, giving our guests a true taste of Austin!

We hope that if your travel plans ever again include Austin that you consider coming back to the Renaissance Austin.

All the best, Rob G.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

For the level of hotel this is supposed to be, I was NOT impressed - and neither was my co-worker. We traveled here for a conference. Check in time is 3:00 p.m. and arrived 5:30 p.m. after a long day of flying only to hear that they were sorry, but the rooms weren't ready. How does that happen?! Are there not check out times and policies for a reason?? The least that is expected when checking into a hotel 2.5 HOURS AFTER stated check in time is that your room is ready; however, it was not and there was no attempt to offer anything to alleviate the inconvenience.

When I finally got into my room, I went to unpack and settle in and found the following:

•There is a cabinet for a refrigerator, but there was no refrigerator. At $175+ a night, and with the space clearly allotted for it, this is a basic amenity that is expected. I called the front desk and they said that my “room category does not come with a fridge as a standard amenity” and that the cabinet I thought was for a fridge, was not, it was just a cabinet. Really? A big cabinet with no shelves the size of a refrigerator with cutouts in back to the electrical outlets that is not for a fridge?? How curious! I guess the cutouts in back for electric aren't really for electric either. I’d hate to know what one would have to spend to get something as basic as a fridge. My co-worker had the same room category, yet had a fridge. When we went to the front desk to ask about this the girl said that her best guess was that the person in her room before her had one of their very limited inventory of extra fridges that they have on hand for people with medical needs or nursing mothers and that services forgot to remove it. She then offered to put whatever I needed in the refrigerator in the lobby. Not really an explanation, but at this point I was done trying to get anything satisfactory out of the hotel or the front desk and that was not really a satisfactory offer. Anything I wanted to store would be in the lobby? Not exactly convenient.

•There are no drawers to put clothes away in. Not sure who designed these rooms, but that is another basic one expects to find – and can get in a ‘lesser’ hotel. I wonder what ‘category’ of room you must pay for in order to get space to put non-hanging clothes in.

•The coffee in the lobby shop at @ustinbytes is awful. It is Starbucks, but it is very weak. If you like good, strong coffee – go elsewhere for it. There is a Starbucks in the plaza nearby and worth walking to for decent coffee.

•You cannot buy a decent sized bottle of water. The snack/convenience item area is VERY small for a hotel this size and has VERY limited selection. If you are a water drinker, you will be hard pressed to do that in this hotel. 500 ml (16.9 oz.) bottles of Evian are $4, and even if you bought one or two, with no fridge in your room to keep them cold – what’s the point?

•The restaurant and bar are way overpriced – but most hotel restaurants and bars are, I suppose. The staff was very nice though.

All in all, this is not a hotel I would ever choose to stay at again and would not recommend this to anyone, especially if you are looking for an “Austin experience”. This hotel is in the suburbs surrounded by all the things you can find in any suburb in any city and offers nothing in the way of an exceptional experience, especially for the price. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mrswoody04
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. I was disappointed to read that your experience while with us did not exceed your expectations. The overall experience our guests have while with us is our number one priority and we take comments like yours very seriously.

Please know that I have shared your candid feedback with the appropriate department leaders so that corrective actions can be put into place. This will also allow any necessary training or process implementations to be reviewed and shared with our team.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we very much hope that when your future travel plans include Austin, that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back and to serve you in the true spirit of Renaissance hospitality.

Kind regards, Rob G.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

While visiting Austin, my family and I stayed here and it was a great experience. The staff is very friendly. Every employees that we had contact with were very nice. Fast room service, a bit pricey, but the food was great and plenty. The only thing that I hope could have been better is the pool temperature. The indoor pool water temperature was a bit cold.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family