“Back again! Just as good as the first time”

Renaissance Austin Hotel
Ranked #52 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Conroe, Texas
“Back again! Just as good as the first time”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

21st Anniversary and we wanted to add an extra day to our trip. Well I reached out to just let everyone know - Room was awesome, staff great, just as good as the first time, which is rare. Reach out to Kim Wheeler - you will be taken care of! We will be back - again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a huge building with the rooms built around a vast atrium which is a strangely empty space and obviously intended for conferences. It's functional if not beautiful. The rooms are fine - good bathrooms and US sized with good storage, decent TV, powerful aircon if you need it. Service is frankly odd. I went for an evening meal on my first night and was asked to wait outside the restaurant for ten minutes. There was hardly anyone in it so I asked why. There's only one person serving I was told. Ah, well. Logical perhaps but taking the idea of waiting to be seated to new and rather irritating heights. Happened again at breakfast the next morning. The staff are not unfriendly. Far from it. But perhaps a little more staff training and a little more appreciation of how tired clients like to be treated might not go amiss. Having got that off my chest I'm forced to admit that for a big conference/business hotel it was fine. Utterly unmemorable but fine. Don't panic if you find you're booked in there.

1 Thank sjnorris
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to read that your time with us did not exceed your expectations. Our guests satisfaction is always our number one priority.

You are a valued guest and I apologize that we did not meet your - our our own - expectations. It's comments like yours that allow for continuous improvements so please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department leaders so that corrective measures can be taken.

Again, thank you for your sharing your stay with us. I do hope that if your future travel plans include Austin, that we will once again have the opportunity to serve you in the true spirit of Renaissance hospitality.

All the best, Rob G.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here twice and enjoyed thoroughly. Rooms are very comfortable, great bar in the lobby, delicious breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Hotel has a very impressive layout and is only 20 minutes away from the airport.

Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I had a conference downtown. Although it took 20 minutes in traffic each way it was worth it. My husband and I are platinum Marriott members, so the use of the concierge lounge was wonderful. The breakfasts and snacks were great. The room was very comfortable. While you are in Austin, look up the food trucks. Near the renaissance there is a cupcake truck that was excellent. Also, the zoo in Austin is great. All the animals are rescue animals so its different than a big city zoo, but I loved it. I had asked for an outside room, because I like a view, and they gave me one. Some rooms just have an inside atrium view, which would be nice if you don't care about a window. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I always like an upper floor room, and in the upper floor rooms here, the view is great. Once we had...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
McKinney, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a lovely hotel for work with a full service coffee shop and a nice bar with lots of oversized, leather seating (Texas style). Whenever I go to Austin, I try to book here first.

Another nice thing is it's located to the side of a tree-lined shopping plaza with several good restaurant options, plus some stores in case you forgot something.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance Austin this past weekend and had a great visit to the city. While the hotel's a little out of the way, it's not far from anything. Easily accessible to the highways and walkable to a few shops/restaurants. The rooms have recently been renovated, and it looked like they were putting something in near the outdoor pool--maybe an outdoor cafe or something?

Noise was typical--the atrium layout of the hotel did allow for some unwelcome noise traveling up to our room on the 4th floor, but it didn't keep us up too long.

The only real complaint that I have is that the registration area of the lobby is kind of tight for the amount of people that need to enter/exit the building. With so much lobby space, it would be nice to have a larger area to check in and out. But I can't fault the hotel for that--it was built that way.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the outdoor pool, which had a nice view of almost nothing but trees--very...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is convenient to so many Austin venues, but it is the ability to host a 2000 guest conference that makes it an excellent destination. The newly renovated rooms are comfortable with plenty of electrical outlets to recharge phones and iPads. Wireless Wi-fi comes at a $10 a day expense unless you are a Gold Marriott Rewards or higher member. You will also notice there are no drawers to store clothing. The staff is attentive and workout room adequate.