“Truly Awful”

Ranked #175 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Leeds
“Truly Awful”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights after staying in Austin for a week elsewhere then driving around Texas for a few nights. It was quite cheap (80 dollars a night) but i m sure I could find a lot better for less. I am in no way fussy & look at a hotel as just somewhere to sleep & shower but this hotel disgusted me. The sink was really rusty and black dirt came out of the taps in the bath. Don't get me started on the pool it was right next to a very busy interstate, felt like we were sat in the middle of the road & it wasn't fit for purpose as it hadn't been cleaned for months. We stayed in a super 8 & a days inn before this & this place made them look like the hilton. Take my advice & look for somewhere else

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2011

While I did not actually stay at the hotel, I was treated very rudely by a man that claimed to be the owner. I got a flat tire and pulled into the parking lot to get off of the highway access road. A woman came out of the office and told me that I had to move my car off of the property. I asked for her to be a good samaritan and give me 15 minutes to change the tire. She went back to the office and sent a man out who told me that I was trespassing and needed to leave his property. He said that he was the owner but would not give his name. He threatened to have me towed. I said that I would call the police and he said that I would be charged with trespassing. Not knowing the law, I left the property, driving on a dangerously deflating tire.
As a stranded traveler seeking assistance, and/or understanding, I was shocked by the rudeness that the owner of a hospitality based business would display to another human being. I will not patronize this business and have filed complaints with the BBB and the Choice Hotels Corporate office.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank gingerale36
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Manager and Staff are rude, rooms are dirty! If you need to stay in this vicinity stay at the Days Inn next door!

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 March 2011

It was just a place to lay our heads for the night and we didn't really stay in the room but from the initial looks of the place we had our doubts. Our friends bed had a used tissue in it and when we requested new linens the room they were stored in was outside and dirty as all HE**!!! I would pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer next time. Didn't see any roaches but wasn't doubting they were there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2011

First I had an issue with checking in, my parents (who were not with me but were paying) had to fax over their credit card information and drivers license which was a pain. Who still faxes things when there is email? Next they did not have service enough to bring me toothpaste but rather they made me go to the front desk and get it. When I asked them for a trash bag they told me they would bring it up. 30 minutes later I walked down and got it myself because they didn't bring it up. Their iron ripped a brand new dress shirt and when I asked for a new iron, it once again took me walking down two times, once to request it and when they didn't bring it up once again to remind them. Overall a very poor hotel with poor service. I would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HotelReview31
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Conveniently locate to DKR but not worth the accomidations. Reserved with travelforecaster.com they charged 20.00 but reserved the incorrect month. So of course the price for the room was double...120.00 a night due to game weekend. If it wasn't for the fact that we were tailgating and didn't stay in our room at all I would have declined to stay there. A bit smelly, bathroom light/fan sounded like it was taking off, toilet loud, pillows yuck.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
SA
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Checked in for AI audtions because it was walking distance from Frank ErwIn Center. HUGE MISTAKE! HUGE! Crickets everywhere, hair on bed, roaches everywhere. Staff was rude and lied. They stole money that was in room , when I went back for it they said they did not have it Their storys were conflicting.....Manager/Owner was the worst ever! His wife/partner is 2nd in line ! Lies Lie! Lies! They took what was not theirs. Placed police report. DO NOT STAY AT THIS FILTHY GOD AWFUL PLACE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT! They are scum on scum!

• Stayed August 2010