The lobby and mezzanine areas of this hotel are so gorgeous that you must make time just to sit there, admire the art on the walls, the beautiful ceilings and furniture. A stop at the bar is also recommended. It's a beautiful bar and the lamps made of old guns are a kick.
Our room was smallish but very pretty. The bathroom was also on the small side. The bed was wonderful with great silky sheets and perfect pillows. I love great thick towels and I thought the towels here could have been fluffier. The robes were great.
We had room service continental breakfast. Delicious croissant but no jams, just butter and they forgot our orange juice. I mentioned this at check out and was given a $10. credit.
Our room was in what they call the tower, on the 7th floor and offered a view of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Driskill Hotel. Built in 1886 as the showplace of a cattle baron, The Driskill remains a landmark of legendary Texas hospitality. Located on Sixth Street in the heart of downtown Austin, the luxurious, historic hotel is convenient to all that the city has to offer, including the Texas State Capitol, convention center, opera, symphony, fine dining, shopping, and Austin's 6th Street music scene. Known as the "Live Music Capital of the World,®" Austin is home to nearly 200 music venues, many within walking distance of The Driskill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Driskill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Austin
- The Driskill Austin, Texas