We stayed at the Driskill for a night during a combined business and liesure trip. The hotel is simply beautiful. The lobby is stunning and the service was impeccable. The room and particulalrly the bathroom were a little small but that reflects the age of the hotel. Apparently folks didn't need huge suites in the past. It was just fine for my wife and I though. The furnishings were beautiful and the bed was the most comfortable I have been in away from home for a long time. All of the fun and night life of 6th Street are right outside the hotel. If you are tired of the same old modern hotels and want a classy place with character, this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Driskill Hotel. Built in 1886 as the showplace of a cattle baron, The Driskill remains a landmark of legendary Texas hospitality. Located on Sixth Street in the heart of downtown Austin, the luxurious, historic hotel is convenient to all that the city has to offer, including the Texas State Capitol, convention center, opera, symphony, fine dining, shopping, and Austin's 6th Street music scene. Known as the "Live Music Capital of the World,®" Austin is home to nearly 200 music venues, many within walking distance of The Driskill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Driskill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Austin
- The Driskill Austin, Texas