“Nightmare in Azel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Azle
Utah
“Nightmare in Azel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2007

I made a reservation on August 25, 2007 for a handicapped accessible room for September 13th thru the 16th 2007. I called the morning of the 13th to confirm the reservation. Before leaving for my flight to Dallas/Forth Worth. When arriving at the motel they gave us a regular room on the 2nd floor. My husband explained we had made a reservation for a handicapped room. I would have had no way to get to the 2nd floor as I am in a wheelchair and they did not have an elevator. They said they had a handicapped accessible room on the first floor, but it had boxes in it. Because of the late hour we took the room and decided we could deal with the boxes until the next day. The room not only had huge boxes in it, the toilet didn’t work and there was no running cold water. We called and told them about the toilet, they said they knew about it the day before, but could not get a plumber. My daughter called the front desk to tell them they needed to do something about the situation. She was told they didn’t care. So she said she was going to call their corporate office. After that a man came to fix the toilet. My youngest daughter asked if he could get the water working and give us his name and the name of the manager. He went crazy and got right in her face, threatening her. At that time I told my 11 year old grandson to call the police. The officer who responded told us that the people we were dealing with were the owners. And that was the third time he had been called to that motel. Once for a blind woman, a mentally challenged woman and myself. We discussed whether my daughter was going to press charges. In telling him she lives in Hawaii, we decided it would be to big of a hassle for her to return to Texas to testify. The officer went to tell the owner what we had talked about. Then the owner told the officer to kick us out. There are no other motels in Azel. So we found a wonderful Holiday Inn Express in Lake Worth Texas. Left the Econo Lodge about 10:30 p. m..and left the nightmare of that place behind..
Utah

• Liked — Not a thing!
  • Disliked — The rude way we were treated.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank Georgia1P
econolodgeazletx, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Azle, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments left more than half a decade ago. No one here now recalls your experience, but we now take great pride in this property and in the service we provide. Rest assured that you’re welcome here at any time in the future. We’re better than ever before in service and in the quality of our rooms and amenities. I sincerely apologize to you for the errors of those who worked here in the past.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Azle hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Azle
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Worth Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth - Lake Worth
Comfort Suites at Lake Worth
Comfort Suites at Lake Worth
#56 of 110 in Fort Worth

Been to Econo Lodge Azle? Share your experiences!