“Room was clean and well equiped.”
Review of Econo Lodge Azle

Econo Lodge Azle
Econo Lodge Azle
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Azle
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We are old folks. We get up around 5:30 am. Breakfast room still not open at 7:30 am so we went out for breakfast.

Manager could have mentioned not to put the key in my shirt pocket with Telephone. It didn't work the lock. After she opened the door after re-doing the card, she still didn't mention it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph C
econolodgeazletx, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Azle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m pleased that you enjoyed or clean rooms and great amenities. I wish you had been able to join us for the free breakfast. I’m sorry that there was an issue with the key card, but I’m glad we could quickly resolve that for you. I hope you’ll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently reserved a room at this "hotel" for one of my employees as, it is the ONLY hotel in Azle. After making the reservation online, I called the hotel to have them send a credit card authorization form so that I could pay for the hotel and leave my employee worry free during his business trip. The clerk didn't understand what I needed, so I asked if I could come in and pay for the room ahead of time instead - at which time she promptly hung up on me. As a consumer, this is terribly disturbing, so I then called Choice Customer Relations to try to resolve this matter. Customer Relations called the hotel while I was on hold, and they were also hung up on. How unprofessional! How does a place that doesn't even value making a reservation (their only source of revenue and basis for projecting cashflow and expenses) stay in business?? Don't promote this kind of behavior at all costs, consider the other reviews... I'm obviously not the only one who has a bad taste in their mouth after dealing with this hotel. I can only imagine that the stay experience will be one of the worst, if the reservation process tells any kind of story.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiffany B
econolodgeazletx, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Azle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this feedback from last fall. The employee who caused this problem has been identified and was removed from our staff some time ago. The lack of customer service you experienced made it difficult to do business with us, and I sincerely apologize. That’s simply unacceptable. We have taken many steps in recent months to improve this property and hope you will use again when you have a client in town.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My experience was medium: nice enough clean ground-floor room w/fridge, no complaints about facilities. Twice asked for directions & was readily given Mapquest printouts. Official pool hours should start earlier than 10AM as no rooms overlook the pool, but I slipped in quietly one early morning, much refreshed. Glad I didn't see some of these rock-bottom reviews before staying here, I had no alternative & was visiting folks in town. I wished to sleep in & was refused a slightly late checkout because "we get too full." As the hotel overlooks a thriving business hub (CVS, Sonic, Walmart) one would think the area would support more than one hotel, as the room was clearly overpriced (probably worse on weekends.) I'd heard the Econolodge was the only lodging option in town, so cruised around a bit before conceding it was true. A little healthy competition would inevitably make the rates a little more reasonable. Still, mine was far from the discouraging experience described by others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We’re pleased that you had an acceptable stay with us, but I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Our goal is to provide expert customer service and a great experience despite the fact that we have little competition in this area. We’ve worked hard in the last few months to improve this hotel, and I hope that now shows in everything we do.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here after a wedding and we just didn't want to drive back that night. When I checked in around 10:30 it was indeed someone in pajama pants but it was a teenager. She was polite and I reckon if I had to man a post where you might get 0-2 people coming to the window after 10 I would try to get some sleep as well. The room was a little pricey (89) but if you're the only game in town I guess you get to set your price. That said Azle isn't exactly the Port of Miami, they probably have to charge that just to keep this place afloat. The room was what you would expect for an economy hotel. From the other reviews I expected a roach-infested hobo shanty guarded by shrillbillies, but it was clean. I think they must have redone or cleaned the place up a bit, the bathroom was almost spotless, a little dirt in the corners but otherwise clean with fresh towels rolled up and very good pressure in the shower. The sink worked and the fridge was cold. I didn't check the tv. The A/C unit worked well and cooled down the room pretty fast. The doors to the rooms are side by side, so as the drunk people in the next room knocked to get into their room or slammed their door I kept thinking someone was at my door. The beds were made up clean and the sheets appeared very clean. They were a wee bit musty is all. Owners might want to invest in some febreeze. I called the desk once to ask something and the lady was polite.
So overall not that bad, definitely not a nightmare experience for me, I got a good nights rest and a shower that's about all I cared about. I've found myself in worse accommodations. For the money you can get a nicer suite up in Lake Worth, but if you don't want to drive then this place is fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoritoChorito

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your experience. If there are any ways in which we fell short of exceeding your expectations, I sincerely apologize. We take great pride in this property despite having very little competition and believe we provide great service at a great price. I hope to have you with us again soon. I really appreciate the thorough review.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have regretfully stayed at this motel multiple times over a six month period, strictly because it is the only hotel in Azle, and have not had one single good experience. It is filthy, filthy...makes you want to bring your own sheets and lysol the whole place before even entering. I have only had one working refrigerator out of the 6 rooms I have stayed in. Plus the staff is more than just rude, they don't seem to care about their jobs even a little. I had the manager come out in her pajamas, taking a personal call (which meant she ignored me and got annoyed when I tried to speak to her) at 10:30a.m. on a weekend when I went to check out. To top it all off it took way to many phone calls and 4 weeks for me to recieve a refund when I had to leave a day early due to a family emergency and no one that worked there knew how to return the money to my card. I sadly have nothing at all good to say about this place and would never recommend this motel to anyone!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth1029

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback, and thanks for being a repeat guest. If we failed you in the past in way, I sincerely apologize. We don’t have much competition in this area, but we still strive to provide a high-quality experience and great value. We’ve recent recommitted ourselves to meeting customer expectations better, and we believe this commitment is showing in everything we do now.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We arrived late (9:30 pm), having held our room with a credit card. No other hotel options in Azle, TX. We were a bit worried to walk around the room barefoot. Toilet did not flush consistently (sometimes fine) - believe me, you WANT the toilet to flush each time. Yes, they had "Continental Breakfast". I guess I have become a bit spoiled by other hotels who offer yogurt, boiled eggs, donuts and real waffles (not freezer waffles). Not planning to stay here again. Best part of the experience was that Domino's Pizza was right next door with Walmart just across the street.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank FishFinderDoug

Dear Guest,

Thanks for this feedback. Since you stayed with us, we have renewed our commitment to customer service and have made a number of improvements to this property. You’ll find a more pleasant experience than ever before now if you choose to stay with us again. Our goal is complete satisfaction, and I apologize if we fell short of that goal at any time.

Reviewed 23 April 2011

This motel is dirty. The manager well maybe she the manager is lazy. Doesn't care to do her job. The bed is sagging. The curtains are old and have holes. Stayed on night and left and went to lake worth.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank Tswizzlelat

Dear Guest,

While there are other hotels 20 minutes away, we do not let the fact that we are the only hotel in Azle cause us to become complacent. We appreciate the feedback you left for us some time ago and assure you that we have renewed our commitment to serving customers with pride and integrity in recent months. We hope you try us again soon. You’ll find a better experience than ever before.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Econo Lodge Azle? Share your experiences!