Snowpine Lodge
US$309
US$293
Silver Fork Lodge(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$123
Travelocity
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$222
US$143
US$133
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$451
US$108
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$179
Travelocity
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$135
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubboot roomliving roomadult sonslope sidecommon areasski storagecourse mealgreat ratecommunal tablefresh cookiesrental placethe entire staffgreat foodhigh seasonother gueststhe real deal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend at Snowpine for opening weekend. I had previously stayed at Alta Lodge and wanted to try something new. I really liked Alta Lodge and thought it was the perfect choice for a previous family trip because of their kids program however Snowpine was perfect for our couples retreat. It is intimate and has the feel of a large house. It is upscale without feeling stuffy. The staff are welcoming and very accommodating I felt like I could really take my ski boots off and relax in a ooh so comfortable environment. Think leather deep couches and ottomans for magazines and your feet that extend the length of the couch. The four "living rooms" make it possible to connect with a few people from your area of the lodge and contribute to its coziness. We were one of the few people there that weekend but I could see where it would even be more fun with more people. This would be an ideal place for a large group of friends who want to feel like they are renting a big house but don't want to cook or clean and don't mind connecting with some other skiers. The rooms are smaller but that only encourages more skiing and more interaction. We would definitely return. Taking kids is possible but be prepared for them in a next door room or book early for a suite or adjoining room, only one or two of each category. Because it is so perfectly intimate I wouldn't be concerned about particularly slightly older kids in the bedroom next door.

The food is outstanding and worth the trip just for that purpose. We loved the poached trout and had it for two of our four dinners. The Chef is truly creative. If you plan to ski Alta this season try Snowpine we loved it and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Number 9 is the corner room with two sets of windows and views on the ski mountains, No TV and in the "older section" ( I couldn't tell the real difference, everything has been renovated)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamaicanskier
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We spent only one night at this small, newly redecorated lodge, but wish we could have stayed longer. It is cozy and quaint and since it had a very personal touch, I ranked it at excellent. You enter the front door and have to walk down a couple of flights of stairs into the lodge as it is built into the hillside. We were welcomed by Eddie, the mgr upon checkin. He gave us a tour and we got settled in. After a great afternoon hike, we came back and used the outdoor jacuzzi and had a glass of wine and admired the view. We had reservations for dinner at the lodge (for an extra fee) and we were not disappointed. Robin and Taylor took good care of the dining room. The menu is small. 4 starters, 4 entrees and 2 desserts. We had the flat iron steak and the pork tenderloin and both were delicious. We sat out at the fire pit after dinner and had a cocktail. A continental breakfast was included with our room. Coffee, juice, cereal, muffins, bagels and toast. It is self serve. A piece of fruit or a boiled egg would have been a nice addition.

Room Tip: We had a king size room on the newer east wing. There was a shower only. The decor I would describe as "pottery barn". It was quiet. There are lots of sitting areas throughout the lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We went on a hike to Cecret lake and saw the Snowpine was open for breakfast and dinner. The dinner was out of this world delicious but it was the service and the ambiance of the place that will bring us back to stay at the lodge. They showed us some of their rooms and around the lodge. The view is amazing and the rooms are clean and cozy. I loved this place and I am definitely coming back to stay this summer. .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Summer Breakfast is served Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun. 8-10am. Our table of 4 ordered the 4 plates offered and we shared. Omelette with smoked salmon and asparagus, Belgian waffles, steak/cheese/mushrooms/egg one other plate I forgot and a beautiful fruit bowl. The service was genuine and the mountain setting - out of this world gorgeous. The whole lodge ambience made us want to stay the nite. Another planned time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MattieToldHattie
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The other reviews are accurate, but I thought I might add a few more details. I just returned from the Snowpine, and I have gone there every year but one for eight years.

First, the Snowpine is slope-side at the Alta ski area. Alta does not have a village or town, it is a ski area. There are bars and shops in the five lodges, but everything at Alta is low key. If you want dancing and wild bars, Alta is not your place. And note that Alta does not allow snowboarding. People go there to ski, and they go to bed early (OK, mostly). There is a lift that connects Alta to Snowbird, and for an additional $33 added to the lift ticket you can ski both. And there is a free bus between Alta and Snowbird, but the last bus is 5 PM. Snowbird has more shops and bars, and much larger hotels.

The Snowpine was built in 1938. If you stay there you are living in an antique. The walls are stone, and it is not decorative; it is what the Snowpine is made of. To go skiing, you go to the lowest floor, get your boots from the heated lockers, put them on in the lovely boot room, pick up your skis from the ski room, walk outside (no steps), ski down a slight hill and grab the rope tow that goes left to the Albion or right to the Collins lift. To return, you take another rope tow up the slight hill. Perfect.

The Snowpine is built into the hillside. From the entrance on the road you must go down a couple of flights of stairs to reach the front desk. If that is a problem for you, get someone from downstairs to help you with your luggage.

The Snowpine has a wide variety of rooms. I used to stay in the men's dorm. The dorm has six alcoves with a bunk bed (twelve men total), a bathroom with a toilet and two sinks, and two showers. It is basic, but 1938, remember? The price was about $130 including breakfast and dinner, and there is no better slope-side rate that I know of.

The original rooms are mostly small, and have either their own bath, or a bath down the hall. Lately I have stayed in the East Wing rooms which were built in 2011. They are totally modern and have a nice bath. Check the web page; the photos are accurate.

The Snowpine has a downstairs common room, a boot room, a fireplace area, and a business center (computer). Upstairs are two more common rooms and the dining room. Breakfast and dinner are included in your room rate, Beer and wine are available, but there is no real "bar". The food is very good, but the menu is mostly fixed, with perhaps a couple of choices. Special diet needs (vegetarian, etc.) can be accommodated. Tables seat four or more, and singles and couples usually wind up seated with other guests. The Snowpine is a very friendly place, and I have met many wonderful people there.

The new owners are fixing up the Snowpine, and the improvements are welcome, even if some of us don't think that they are really necessary, since we love the place as it is. The Snowpine attracts people with widely varying ages and income levels, and many are afraid that the prices will rise. Hopefully it will remain the charming lodge it has always been.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo