Snowpine Lodge
The Cliff Lodge & Spa(Snowbird)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$191
Silver Fork Lodge(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$407
US$312
Official Site
  • Pool
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$200
US$162
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$124
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$183
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubboot roomliving roomadult sonslope sidecommon areasski storagecourse mealgreat ratecommunal tablefresh cookiesrental placethe entire staffgreat foodhigh seasonother gueststhe real deal
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My family and coworkers thought I was crazy to go skiing by myself. The Snowpine made it so comfortable and inviting it was like visiting old friends. The entire staff was top notch. The food was at least 4 star and the dining room has an amazing view of the mountain. The location is at the base of Alta and you ski out to the tow rope! Great hot tub with an unbeatable view. The Snowpine has several "living room" areas that feel like home and the ski and boot area is very convenient. I also saw families and couples having a wonderful time here so it doesn't matter how many are in your party - you will enjoy the Snowpine!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Keith U
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I would limit myself to a few things not covered by earler reviewers:

* Alta is one of the best places in the US for snow (all I can say that when it snows it really snows)
* This in an excellent property located between Collins and Albion lifts (closer to Albion) and serviced by a rope tow
* The interior, rooms and overall ambience is excellent
* The staff are extremely efficient and ultra-helpful
* Dinner is 5-course with a fine wine selection (you can also book #1 restaurant in Alta which is just across the street).

If I had an opportunity, I would most certainly come again.

Room Tip: Rooms 7 (shared bath) and 15 (own bath, no TV) are slope-facing with a very nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Vladimir_9999
Reviewed 7 January 2014

By boyfriend and I stayed here right before Christmas in a private room with private bath. We had an amazing time! My boyfriend had previously been here before the lodge was remodeled, and he says all the renovations are fantastic. It's an incredibly charming, "rustic" lodge that is ski-in/ski-out (with the help of a rope toe). I was a little worried about coming to Alta because everyone had emphasized how "rustic" the lodges are in a way that concerned me. However, Snowpine is the perfect rustic--old leather couches, cabin decorations but still luxurious, clean and comfortable.

The meals were all fantastic--I am a very picky vegetarian and not only was the staff accomodating, they went out of their way to have nightly specials for me. My boyfriend loved all the meat and seafood dishes he tried.

Finally, the staff is fantastic. Our car was snowed in the day we left (always a good sign) and the manager helped us shovel it out for a half hour. (BTW-no car is required to visit this lodge--you can take a shuttle from SLC airport). Also, my boyfriend is allergic to down and the staff was also very accomodating to make sure there was no down in our bedroom.

Can't wait to come back soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I almost didn't leave a review because I want this place to remain a secret. This is the best deal I've ever had. You need to be relaxed about certain things for this to be the right place for you. For example, there is no elevator, so for a low lander, you breathe heavy after carrying things up and down the stairs. But when available, the staff will help you with your things.
The food is out of this world.
The staff is friendly.
The hot tub is hot and clean.
Best deal I've ever gotten skiing in the Americas and Europe, hands down.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Albert P
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend at Snowpine for opening weekend. I had previously stayed at Alta Lodge and wanted to try something new. I really liked Alta Lodge and thought it was the perfect choice for a previous family trip because of their kids program however Snowpine was perfect for our couples retreat. It is intimate and has the feel of a large house. It is upscale without feeling stuffy. The staff are welcoming and very accommodating I felt like I could really take my ski boots off and relax in a ooh so comfortable environment. Think leather deep couches and ottomans for magazines and your feet that extend the length of the couch. The four "living rooms" make it possible to connect with a few people from your area of the lodge and contribute to its coziness. We were one of the few people there that weekend but I could see where it would even be more fun with more people. This would be an ideal place for a large group of friends who want to feel like they are renting a big house but don't want to cook or clean and don't mind connecting with some other skiers. The rooms are smaller but that only encourages more skiing and more interaction. We would definitely return. Taking kids is possible but be prepared for them in a next door room or book early for a suite or adjoining room, only one or two of each category. Because it is so perfectly intimate I wouldn't be concerned about particularly slightly older kids in the bedroom next door.

The food is outstanding and worth the trip just for that purpose. We loved the poached trout and had it for two of our four dinners. The Chef is truly creative. If you plan to ski Alta this season try Snowpine we loved it and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Number 9 is the corner room with two sets of windows and views on the ski mountains, No TV and in the "older section" ( I couldn't tell the real difference, everything has been renovated)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple