Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Best family reunion ever!”
Review of Snowpine Lodge

Snowpine Lodge
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Most memorable family gathering ever! Beautiful and fully equipped and made our 4 day reunion the best ever. Fresh air, picturesque view, lots of hiking and just relaxing on the patio's and observing the wild life. Can't wait to gather here again. Thank you Snowpine Lodge.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TDH530

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Could Snowpine be the most enjoyable place to stay in Little Cottonwood Canyon? It gets my vote. The combination of location, intimate lodge ambience, limited size, excellent food, a responsive staff and a fair price makes it a winner. I've stayed at several other lodges in the canyon over the last 10 years and my family of 6 declared it a great success after initially being reluctant to make a switch from one of the other canyon hotels. We liked it so much we've booked the Eagles Nest for next year's visit as well. While the rooms are not large, they "invite" you to use the several lounges instead which we did with delight. Can't wait to be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Snowpine Lodge is a perfect slope side hideaway at Alta. My husband and I checked in last New Years week for the exceptional Alta powder and ski-in/ski-out convenience at Snowpine. We discovered a newly renovated, ultra charming and intimate lodge with superb personalized service and innovative dining. We just rebooked for the same time slot next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SEN951
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I know, odd title, but its what comes to mind when I think of one of my favorite places on Earth... like surfing, which I love but don't necessarily want to 'share' all my favorite breaks with the world.

Buuuttt... I want the Snowpine to flourish so it will be there for years to come so here we go...

In upper Little Cottenwood Canyon (Alta) there are only 5 places to stay and of those the Snowpine is the smallest and the oldest. But its also the newest as it just underwent an amazing renovation both to its facilities and its staff… there are greater plans in the works for the upcoming years which will double the size of the lodge and I “hope” not kill any of its character or charm.

For the time being, until reviews like this get out, the Snowpine is a hidden jewel, the 'La Jolla' of Little Cottonwood if you will. I ski Alta as many times per season as I can (from So Cal) and I always, always, always try to stay at Snowpine... if theres a room.

If you know 'Alta' then the Snowpine epitomizes the true Alta experience. Tasteful unassuming ski in ski out luxury with the best staff and food imaginable. The rooms vary from character riddled small rooms to luxury lodge larger ones… There are only 20 so I continue to try to get a different room each time but I'm running out.

I’m a little spoiled, far from a TFB, but I’ve been fortunate enough to travel the world and stay in a lot of nice places - Oriental properties, Ritz properties, blah, blah, blah… I would put a Snowpine experience up against the lot of them.

Thank you to Robin, Eddie, Nate, Danielle and all the other staff that make the Snowpine what it is and add a little more ‘Magic” to Alta.

See you next season!

S.G.

Room Tip: Try both sides of the lodge on different trips!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SGWest
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at the Snowpine twice in the winter of 2014 while I learned to ski at Alta. The Snowpine was the perfect base for my ski vacation. I traveled alone one time and with a friend the other time. I chose the Snowpine because it had the cheapest beds on the mountain. Given the low prices I had somewhat low expectations. Boy, was I wrong! I was blown away by the quality of the lodge in every way. All guest rooms and common areas have luxurious furnishings and gorgeous artwork. The fireplace is such a cozy place to hang out and meet people after a long day on the ski hill. The hot tub faces the High Rustler run and in the mornings you can watch the ski patrollers bombing for avalanches and skiing down the terrain. Always exciting and a great way to start the day. Since I was traveling alone, I was looking to meet people and make friends. I did that both times I visited. The atmosphere promotes congregation in the common areas and at dinner, where there is a "community table" where singles sit together for dinner. The location is perfect. You go right out the back door and ski down the hill to the tow rope and you are at the bottom of either Collins or Sunnyside within 3 minutes. Riding the tow rope to get back up to the Snowpine at the end of the day is grueling, but better than hiking!

The food is excellent and the meal plan is worth buying. Excellent specials every night and the breakfast is healthy and fresh. Love the staff. Robin, Eddie, and Dave are so fun and welcoming. I had many long chats with them. There are young and very cute expert skiers who work as wait staff and it is fun to interact with them as well. I didn't want to write this review because I didn't want to give away the "secret" of the Snowpine~

Room Tip: If you can afford the upstairs rooms I understand they are super nice. The dorms are okay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DCLIVY218
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Poor Scott - his experience, if true (which I seriously doubt) must be one in a million. I don't normally write reviews - in fact this is my first. But I feel so strongly that Scott is wrong that I need to correct the record.

My wife and I have stayed at a large number of hotels and resorts - my wife was in events before our kids so she knows what is what - and we can (and do) honestly say that Snowpine is sensational. From the food, to the ambiance of a true lodge, to the staff - everything is excellent.

We have raved to our friends about snowpine and returned this last season with some of them. They now share our view.

We will be returning - which from Australia is a bit of a journey - but we think it is well worth the 24 hours travel time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I loved everything about my experience at the Snowpine Lodge. It is an authentic, and low key, and very comfortable. The food at the restaurant is the best in the area, and everyone who works there is really nice and helpful. The location is also perfect because you can ski right out onto the mountain in the morning, and if you feel like exploring other hotels for apres ski or dinner, they are all within walking distance. The shares spaces in the lodge are also very charming. I felt very taken care of, and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alta
Alta's Rustler Lodge
The Cliff Lodge & Spa
The Cliff Lodge & Spa
#2 of 3 in Snowbird
Goldminer's Daughter Lodge

Been to Snowpine Lodge? Share your experiences!