We stayed here 2 nights for a weekend wedding which was held nearby. First of all, the location was perfect for the wedding and many attracttions in the area. Secondly, the property was very appealing with gardens to walk through, fountains, a gazebo ,beautiful flowers, bird feeders, runner ducks, a rabbit , chickens and a friendly dog. I appreciated all of the love and care that obviously went into the grounds and country atmosphere..
Dinner in the tavern was first rate with a roaring fireplace to take the chill off the early autumn air. Classical music played softly in the background. Our waitress, Jessica was very cheerful and effecient. Our meal was delicious. I had the lobster pot pie, filled with large portions of lobster meat and vegetables. It was an enjoyable evening. We also had a delicious breakfast at the inn 2 mornings and were again impressed with the cheerful waitresses and the wonderful chef , who could make everything, anyway you like it! And great coffee, muffins and yogart ! While eating in the quiet breakfast room, the ducks entertained us by the window.
There are also cookies and a beverage offered during the afternoon in the lobby.
The 1800 Inn has 2 other adjacent houses; a cottage and a parsonage as well as the main house. We stayed in the Parsonage in the Justin James room on the first floor , which had a 4 poster canopied bed, a 2 person jacuzzi, TV, free wi-fi , private bath and sitting area. I spoke to Elizabeth, the owner about something that needed attention, and she graciously took note and attended to it right away.
There are so many little inns in the area....I have taken the time to do all the searching for you......why not just stay here?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet Village between Manchester and Bennington, the Inn is convenient to the diversions that each season has to offer. Walk to golf, swimming; fly-fishing on the Battenkill River and the Rockwell Exhibition. Nearby you can enjoy shopping, theater, antiquing, museums, hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, cross-country and downhill skiing.Country Gardens with Gazebo, Elegant guest rooms, private baths, television, phone, WiFi service and air conditioning. Many feature Fireplaces, Jacuzzi’s, Porch & Patios.Dining is an exquisite experience, Romantic, candlelit dinners are served fireside.Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners & Retreats are brimming with outstanding cuisine, excellent service and romantic surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arlington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Arlington Inn Vermont - Green Mountains