The Whitney House Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Arlington
See available hotels
Weathervane Motel(Manchester)
Serenity(Shaftsbury)
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)
Hillbrook Motel(Shaftsbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsdelicious breakfastpancakesup to datenew englandkerryvermontporchhiking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have stayed in many B&B's throughout the U.S, but The Whitney House would have to be at the top of our list. Despite less than perfect weather, our stay there was perfection. Owners Pat and Kerry felt like "best friends" almost immediately and they provided so many extra little touches to make our stay memorable. The breakfasts were better than five star meals and Pat's recommendations for places to go in the area were so helpful. Our room was lovely and very comfortable and if ever in the Arlington area we would surely stay there again. Cathy and Bill, Philadelphia, PA

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We picked the Whitney House based on its rating on Trip Advisor and the comments posted. We were not disappointed. All we expected and more. Pat and Kerry operate a first class Inn and their dedication to making your stay memorable is evident in every detail of the Whitney House. From our booking to our departure, nothing was a surprise and everything was smooth as can be. The Inn sits just off of the road and is easy to find. Our room as just as pictured on the website. The morning “appetizer” outside the door each morning was great. Home made blue berry muffins one morning and strawberry muffins the next. Lots to do in the surrounding area. Don’t miss Hildene; the estate of Robert Todd Lincoln, son of Abe Lincoln and Merck Forest for snow shoeing/hiking etc. Pat and Kerry graciously provided us with ticket to Hildene. We ate dinner at several local establishments and then returned each night to a fire in the fireplace and complimentary beverages. Kerry even brought out some cheese and crackers for a fireside snack. And the wife thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary box of locally made chocolates in our room. The inn is quiet, clean and very comfortable and just a very nice atmosphere. The breakfasts were superb. Kerry does the cooking but I know that Pat makes sure he is always on point!!! The eggs in a nest were the neatest thing in breakfast I think I have ever had. My bottom line for staying someplace and reviewing is would I return for a second stay. With the Whitney House the answer is definitely. We plan on a return trip in the summer and I wouldn’t waste any time looking for anything else. This cannot be improved upon. Pat and Kerry are great hosts and made us feel like family. Not a single negative point, only perfection.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Huntgrouse
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was our third stay at The Whitney House, and it's about time I wrote a review. The Inn is beautiful. The great room is lovely, with a beautiful fire place and charming ambiance. The rooms are clean, quaint, quiet, private, warm, and cozy. The Innkeepers, Kerry and Pat, are welcoming and friendly. And Kerry serves a delicious breakfast. We highly recommend this B&B for anyone looking for a quiet, cozy stay in Arlington.
Erin and Elizabeth
NY, NY

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I just returned from my third visit to the Whitney House. I wrote a review after my first trip but I felt compelled to write again because it was still an amazing experience several years later. Pat and Kerry are so kind and eager to make your stay great; they really make an effort to get to know their guests. The entire inn is clean and beautifully kept and the rooms are very comfortable. The breakfast is as wonderful as I remembered and they were even able to accommodate a gluten free diet. I can't wait to return, I feel like Pat and Kerry are old friends now. I highly recommended a trip to the Whitney House!!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Like so many others, we chose the Whitney House Inn based on the rave reviews. the Inn and hosts are everything indicated here... very much deserving of their perfect perfect score here...

the beautiful building and grounds were immaculate and spotless. the rooms were beautifully furnished and maintained. very nice linens and very comfortable bed. the hosts, Pat and Kerry, were warm, welcoming and friendly... just the right amount of visiting and space. Breakfast was amazing. Honestly, every little detail was perfect. Pat and Kerry know how to get it done and get it done in a very unassuming and friendly manner.

I highly recommend the Whitney house Inn. We will be back and will only stay here on our visits to VT going forward. thank you so much for a wonderful experience!

Steve and Lin
NY

Room Tip: any room is fine here... one a little bigger than the others but you cant go wrong here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple