“all time favorate,our #2 home”

Chauncey's Family Dining
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 December 2013

we stop at chaunceys every time in the area[two times a month anyway]and we have tried every meal and at different times of day,the décor,service and meals are the best and I mean the best.We have traveled many a mile and just don't find this kind of establishment.The burger selection is and has been about 16 plus,and I find it helpful to know there could be a wait,however long it may be

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Sign out front advertised a huge selection of burgers. Stopped for lunch around 1:00 was told no tables available asked if I could sit at the bar. There were empty tables. I felt forgotten at the bar despite it being between the kitchen and the dining room. Bar area was disorganized and dusty. I ordered a burger from the short list on the menu, what happened to the huge selection they advertised out front. Got a hohum burger. Don't waste your time and money here.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I went to Chauncey's to grab breakfast a few weekends ago while camping not far up the road. It was our first experience there- and undoubtedly our last! When we walked in, there was a hand written sign which appeared to be posted by the owner, that said "Please be prepared to wait a while to be seated. Please know we are doing the best we can." Ok, first red flag! We stood there for at least 10 minutes, 2 waitresses looked straight at us and never said a word. The place wasn't THAT busy. Then an older woman came over and waved us to a table - still no hello, sorry for the wait, etc. We sat down and she sort of threw menus at us asking us if we wanted coffee. I ordered decaf, he orderd regular. When she returned with coffees, she hesitated as to which one was which. Even after the crappy experience so far, I was very nice and just asked " Are you sure that's the decaf?" (I am pregnant and cannot drink caffeine normally anyway). Her reply: A very nasty, loud "Oh come on! I know what I'm doing!" I lost it just then and said, "Do you? Because we just stood for over 10 minutes without so much as a greeting and now you are giving us this kind of service?" She began to argue with me. That's when my husband told her to stop and we walked out. Absolutely atrocious and unbelievable. Still shocked! Giving it one star because I had to in order to write the review, otherwise I would tell anyone to stay far away from this place!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Saw this place written up in a fancy local magazine. We noticed they have a Special Prime Rib Night on Saturdays for $21.95 so decided to give it a try. Unfortunately we both ordered it. Let's be kind and just say we should have ordered anything else on the menu. Mine was so tough I could not cut it. The bread and salad were very mediocre. Maybe their burgers are better - a lot of people were ordering them.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Chauncey's seems to be a Family run eatery so, As other reviewers have said... You will wait as each meal is cooked in a skillet so they say. Good meat and cheddar cheese omelet as it was quite stuffed. REAL maple syrup with the french toast BUT...you only get one small serving as extra syrup is $$$. Linen place mats are on each table which they just flip over as they clean the table after you leave so they can become sticky as mine was but no big deal. Just cover it with your napkin! Overall a good place to visit as there isn't much open on 7a in the area on Columbus day @ 9 a.m.