“Good Vermont Restaurant!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jonathon's Table
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good Vermont Restaurant!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to make reservations here totally based off the trip advisor reviews and everyone was raving about it. It is a really cute place inside and outside. You would never see it if you did not look for the sugar shack. It is right behind it totally hidden.

The place inside is totally cute and cozy. My wife loved it. Just what she wanted for a Vermont dinner. Nice lights inside and totally cosy and romantic. We started with a great salad with their honey lemon dressing which was awesome. They brought out hot bread that you could tell they baked right in the oven. I ordered the special pork loin with a maple apple sauce and it was cooked perfectly. My wife ordered the eggplant and it was really tasty eggplant with fresh mozzarella on top. I was not crazy about their sauce but my wife loved it. It was a pretty sweet sauce. I found myself adding salt because it was too sweet. Dessert was good. We got a warm slice of homemade apple pie with vanilla I've cream. Delicious crust.

A lot of people complained that this place was expensive but I have to say compared to the prices at some of the restaurants in Manchester it was pretty reasonable. The only thing that annoyed me and I felt was a total rip off was that we ordered a plate of pasta for the kids with some sauce on the side and they charged us $10. Wow! I was shocked. Overall we did enjoy our dinner and everyone is very polite and nice.

1 Thank 3sons314416

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Jonathan's table. The restaurant itself has a lovely, romantic ambiance. The waitstaff were friendly and helpful, even asking if we would like cushions for the wooden seats. The meal was one of the best we've ever had. Portions were reasonably sized - not overdone as most restaurants seem to do, perhaps in an effort to make up in quantity for lack of quality. I was able to finish my entire meal. And the food came steaming hot. I disagree with one of the previous reviewers that the portions were small - they were reasonably sized and the food was absolutely delicious. I was able to finish the meal and not feel overly full. I would rather have quality over quantity any day. Just a note, you can't see the restaurant from the roadway as it sits behind the Sugar Shack. Do yourself a favor if you are in the area - have a meal at Jonathan's table.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Branford, Connecticut
“Table for 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Thursday 9/19/13 we went to Jonathans Table for dinner. Diane had the Cornish game hen while I had the prime rib. Food was well prepared. The staff helpful getting more Au Jus and horseradish for the rib. Atmosphere is knotty pine and a good Vermont feel to it. Good place for a country dinner.

Vermont
“Great meal great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Found the food to be very good! We had plenty of time to enjoy our meal and were not rushed. Wait staff very friendly!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful meal in an enchanting restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were visiting the Sugar Shack in the same building as Jonathan's Table. The Sugar Shack shopkeeper highly recommended that we return that evening for dinner. We were staying overnight in Bennington, VT but drove back 15 miles to have dinner at Jonathan's Table. It was worth the trip. The atmosphere and decor at Jonathan's Table added immensely to our dining experience. Our meals were so delicious and the service first rate. It is always wonderful to find a first class restaurant tucked away on a country road and to recommend that others find it and enjoy their dining experience as much as we did. Jonathan's Table was another wonderful find on our excursion through beautiful Vermont!

Visited August 2013