“Year After Year Amazing”
Review of Jonathon's Table

Jonathon's Table
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Hanover, New Jersey
“Year After Year Amazing”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I have been to Johnathon's many times over the past 15 years. We found the place completly by accident one year and have returned every year when we visit Vermont. Often we will come multiple times on the same trip. This past October was no different. We were in Manchester for two nights and both time visited Johnathon's. I do not exagerate when I say each nigh the meal was perfect. On the first night I had the Surf and Turf special and must say that it was. Not sure how he does it but Johnathon turns what one would think of as a straight forward meal into something very special. My wife, as is her norm, had the Vermont Maple Pork chops. Again Perfection. The second night went for the Sea Scallops and have never had better in my life. My wife went for the Queen size Prime Rib and lucky for me she could not finish. Both nights were outstanding. Johnathon and his wife Val are two of the finest people we have met in our travels and highly recommend that if you are in the Manchester/Arlington area to stop in. Suggest that you make a reservation as they often have to turn people away. Only complain that there could be is that they are closed from Mid December until May.

• Visited October 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you want an authentic slice of local life, head to Jonathan's table. Prices are reasonable, and the food was really good. The bread and potato latkes were amazing!

Visited October 2013
SPRINGFIELD
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place is a gem. The casual atmosphere belies the fact that this is a first class restaurant. We had scallops, wonderfully prepared. Salad, soups, veggies, all delicious. Prepare to spend $25/person but it's worth it.

Visited September 2013
“Good Vermont Restaurant!!!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to make reservations here totally based off the trip advisor reviews and everyone was raving about it. It is a really cute place inside and outside. You would never see it if you did not look for the sugar shack. It is right behind it totally hidden.

The place inside is totally cute and cozy. My wife loved it. Just what she wanted for a Vermont dinner. Nice lights inside and totally cosy and romantic. We started with a great salad with their honey lemon dressing which was awesome. They brought out hot bread that you could tell they baked right in the oven. I ordered the special pork loin with a maple apple sauce and it was cooked perfectly. My wife ordered the eggplant and it was really tasty eggplant with fresh mozzarella on top. I was not crazy about their sauce but my wife loved it. It was a pretty sweet sauce. I found myself adding salt because it was too sweet. Dessert was good. We got a warm slice of homemade apple pie with vanilla I've cream. Delicious crust.

A lot of people complained that this place was expensive but I have to say compared to the prices at some of the restaurants in Manchester it was pretty reasonable. The only thing that annoyed me and I felt was a total rip off was that we ordered a plate of pasta for the kids with some sauce on the side and they charged us $10. Wow! I was shocked. Overall we did enjoy our dinner and everyone is very polite and nice.

1 Thank 3sons314416
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful meal”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Jonathan's table. The restaurant itself has a lovely, romantic ambiance. The waitstaff were friendly and helpful, even asking if we would like cushions for the wooden seats. The meal was one of the best we've ever had. Portions were reasonably sized - not overdone as most restaurants seem to do, perhaps in an effort to make up in quantity for lack of quality. I was able to finish my entire meal. And the food came steaming hot. I disagree with one of the previous reviewers that the portions were small - they were reasonably sized and the food was absolutely delicious. I was able to finish the meal and not feel overly full. I would rather have quality over quantity any day. Just a note, you can't see the restaurant from the roadway as it sits behind the Sugar Shack. Do yourself a favor if you are in the area - have a meal at Jonathan's table.

• Visited September 2013